yukky cheap lowrider made nicer

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here is a second hand Kmart bratz doll lowrider bought at the dump
lowrider2.jpg

Here it is mid way through build, just rattlecanned and stripped the yukky purple synthetic velour off, put on tweaked 10 speed forks to get some ground clearance. still much too low, need a big sissy bar. wish I could conveniently lift the rear to improve pedaling thrust angle
chopper006.jpg

note the cheating- bending open the narrow parralell ape's

cool idea with the bars im going out to try that trick on mine !

still needs seat cover.. maybe.. I kind of like the old foam and masking tape, it reminds me of my family's old motorbikes
lowriderredwheels002.jpg

p.s. rides better with seat level and seatclamp backwards to bring seat forwards. improved handlebar angle but still steers a bit weird with raked fork (i hate raked forks)

Looks cool!

Do yourself a favor and replace the neck (if you haven't already).

Nice progress!

I usually do replace the stem with a 4 bolt bmx style one but this very old 10 speed one looked nice and gripped really well. anyhow, here's a pic of how I lifted the seat before I passed it on to it's new owner who shall make a nice white leather seat cover. it looked better with this new bracket too!
newexmixte002.jpg

Happy new owner- Here it is all bolted up with new comfy sealed cell foam padding and temporary old seat cover taped on. Ride position much better wit seat 3- 4 inches higher and sissy bar tucks in tidily like early 60s polo seat
newexmixte004.jpg

Back