Zombie

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The living dead. It was almost dead. Still have a ways to go. Hope you notice the fake rust on the chainstays. I sprayed them with olive Rustoleum, then dabbed them with a brush using a mix of red and black paint to create fake rust similar to the rest of the frame. Rear fender mount and chainguard mount were rusted away. Going to weld on new tabs this weekend to them. Here is a photo of the first mockup. Got the wheels almost where I like them. Glad I kept those spokes from another stripped bike; they have a good patina but not brittle. The chainwheel is 22 tooth and the rear hub is an 11 tooth Bendix. First single speed bike I've built so I wanted it to be super easy to ride. Seat is in the works this weekend as well. Enjoy.

IMG_0736.jpg

Getting back together. Last night I finished recovering the seat. I went to the hardware store this morning and got all the missing nuts and bolts. Everything back on except still waiting on kickstand, need a chain and some grips. Had the Lightning Darts in the barn so not much left to go. The headlight is a Delta generator light I had sitting around. I thought it looked appropriate on this one. This may end up being my favorite bike.

IMG_0737.jpg

Back