Zombies Day Out [new pics! 01/04/15]

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Flying Zombie

~:Undead Forever:~
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
12/19/14
I figured this would be what Id call my rides thread.
Today I got out and saw some Bike paths I hadnt ventured before, and
of course some local riding.

I snapped a few CLEAR shots of Miss Columbia while I was out FINALLY.
[Even though it was still a little gloomy]

The Teasers
Racktop_zps839e5d96.jpg

RightSideTank_zps5c75d2b2.jpg

SeatTop-Rightside_zps96f8f9e3.jpg

Front_zpsc4441be4.jpg

Betweenthebars-badge-_zps32f12bac.jpg

cute butt
cutebutt_zps28184c38.jpg

TailLight-persons219-_zpsffcdb3f7.jpg

RearwheelRightside_zps4c59d49b.jpg

The Final Product, out on the town.
GoodSide_zpsaa8ab36d.jpg

bridgeatsunset_zps453ac3f5.jpg

Zombie riding another brought back from the Dead!
ZombieRide_zps16650927.jpg

Enjoy!
FZ

Last edited:
Does the front end of the Front Fender look a little high to anyone else?

Looks fine to me, good idea on a rides thread!

Luke.
:p I stole it. I thought it was a good idea too, so I decided to join in the Solo rides.
Im glad you think it looks okay, granted the tires arent as big as I COULD have them, making the fenders seem quite dominant..
Anyway,.. Thanks! :D

Glad to see you are out enjoying your ride. I usually ride solo too. Be it a bike path, city cruising, bmx Park, or on the mtb playing in the bowls in the wash north of town.

Had the HiLo on a 12 mile circle to Ace Hardware a couple weeks ago, put the basket on the back and just went.

Man, thats my sort of cruising.. Still be nice to have some local folks wanna ride from time to time too, but I guess its gonna be a slow drag.

I came across a small little skate park tucked back on a bike path I found yesterday, few kids were at it, so I gave it a miss this time, but I remember where its at, and its a good strip of paved path.

I havent heard from Bri in a few days, I hope he isnt working too hard, I wanted him to see the progress but he was only on for a few minutes the other night.

What have you for your next ride?

FZ

My next big ride will be when my mbbo is finished. About 17 miles from here to downtown las vegas via bike trails 50 pct of the way. I will cruise down there for the finish photos.

I am sure I will have the indian out this weekend, but not sure where to yet, the cable should arrive today. Fingers crossed.

Any chance the indentation where the fender meets the fork crown has been bent out or stretched? Are the braces are as tight against the axle as possible? You may be able to elongate the holes with a grinder or rat-tail file. If there's any flat area outside of the fender, you can sometimes tweak the fender braces by pulling them outward right where they meet the fender. If you try this be careful to avoid bending the shaped section.

My next big ride will be when my mbbo is finished. About 17 miles from here to downtown las vegas via bike trails 50 pct of the way. I will cruise down there for the finish photos.

I am sure I will have the indian out this weekend, but not sure where to yet, the cable should arrive today. Fingers crossed.
That sounds like quite the exercise! Being from Arizona Originally, I can Imagine the weathers going to be wonderful. Given your planning to ride the Indian soon, maybe see if there's any foliage left piled up, and get in those last Fall shots!~
I cant wait to see the MBBO build-off in downtown, that's gonna be neat.
FZ

Any chance the indentation where the fender meets the fork crown has been bent out or stretched? Are the braces are as tight against the axle as possible? You may be able to elongate the holes with a grinder or rat-tail file. If there's any flat area outside of the fender, you can sometimes tweak the fender braces by pulling them outward right where they meet the fender. If you try this be careful to avoid bending the shaped section.
Everything's good and tight, bearing in mind this is a much newer pair of wheels, given the condition of the old set. I think the braces are the key here, because I've shaped back the fender as accurately and straight as possible.. It seems up by maybe.. half an inch, maybe 3/4.. I have the right file, [to my surprise] but I think I'll try working the braces a little before delving into alteration.
I really appreciate the advice.
On another note, If you see in the Badge photo, the Fender itself is not attached to the BIKE, its just attached by braces and wedged where the gaps are to fit the forks..[which could be a large portion of my issue..]
I have a post in "How to" about the fender issue, but it seems to be overlooked.

FZ

[p.s. the rear brace on the front fender IS slightly "Bowed".

Last edited:
.... Given your planning to ride the Indian soon, maybe see if there's any foliage left piled up, and get in those last Fall shots!~
I cant wait to see the MBBO build-off in downtown, that's gonna be neat.
FZ
It is still fall here. ;-)

On downtown, I plan to ride into the art district and find a graffiti wall that looks as if it were designed with the bike. The color scheme in my mind, when I started painting, originated from a couple of them down there...

It is still fall here. ;-)

On downtown, I plan to ride into the art district and find a graffiti wall that looks as if it were designed with the bike. The color scheme in my mind, when I started painting, originated from a couple of them down there...

Im glad Graffiti/Aerosol Art finally came into play in conversation in relation to bikes.
From early on exposure I took up the art myself., from painting the dumpsters in Phoenix, to the trains in Tuscon... the under bridges from Tuscon to Oregon, etc..
I went with the Alias "Demz" in the end of it all, though I'm not entirely sure why.
To see the full scale productions like you intend to photograph with, was what brought me from a "Beneath the streets" sort of artist into a curiosity of full scale productions. Though my small work is more detailed and intricate, I admire the message a full scale can send to the Public eye, in terms of political art for the people.
Growing prowess, I wanted it less and less seen, picking more and more selective spots for my work, to come upon by sheer happenstance, until I eventually faded out around 20, moving strictly to me notebooks.

Im like.. DOUBLE excited about your coming posts now!
The way the shape of the frame works with the contours of the art, the colors and combinations, having that "On the Street" feel.
Cant Wait!

FZ

I really like the bag you have hanging off of back of the bike. Army surplus? Good to see someone riding. My friends will tell ya that alistair has not met a spray bomb that he hasn't liked.

I appreciate that, From what I can tell of the bag, its a Turkish Ruck repop, I got it in like new condition at "Savers", a local thrift here, and maybe there too. I usually find excellent bags, shoes and hat-wear.. Im a clothing aficionado, and take pride in what to others may seem like sort of a strange wardrobe of Old JNCO Mammoth leg rave jeans, and denim pinstripe brass button cuffed trousers..etc.. I like different. Get another one just like it, probably not much more than 5 bucks, I think thats what I paid for that one. That place stockpiles with people who just have no idea what their looking at, unfortunately they never have but a few bikes in and like most places, little girls pink bikes or Mtn
[charged high enough to not even make the bolts worth a salvage]
I put in some good spray bombs on bikes when I was younger, taped down for striping and all.. it was neat.. but the Patina.. Natural..Rusty..Beautiful.

FZ

Should be a screw hole in the fork.
There is, but the bolt just goes through it.. theres nothing in the fork keeping the bolt threaded to anything, to hold the fender on. Its like it was held together with magic.

FZ

Im glad Graffiti/Aerosol Art finally came into play in conversation in relation to bikes.
From early on exposure I took up the art myself., from painting the dumpsters in Phoenix, to the trains in Tuscon... the under bridges from Tuscon to Oregon, etc..
I went with the Alias "Demz" in the end of it all, though I'm not entirely sure why.
To see the full scale productions like you intend to photograph with, was what brought me from a "Beneath the streets" sort of artist into a curiosity of full scale productions. Though my small work is more detailed and intricate, I admire the message a full scale can send to the Public eye, in terms of political art for the people.
Growing prowess, I wanted it less and less seen, picking more and more selective spots for my work, to come upon by sheer happenstance, until I eventually faded out around 20, moving strictly to me notebooks.

Im like.. DOUBLE excited about your coming posts now!
The way the shape of the frame works with the contours of the art, the colors and combinations, having that "On the Street" feel.
Cant Wait!

FZ

Check
Las Vegas Arts District Graffiti Block 2012-13:

That's a very interesting insight. I am glad it had such profound effects on you to help you along your way.

I really like the bag you have hanging off of back of the bike. Army surplus? Good to see someone riding. My friends will tell ya that alistair has not met a spray bomb that he hasn't liked.
I was admiring that bag as well.

Check
Las Vegas Arts District Graffiti Block 2012-13:

That's a very interesting insight. I am glad it had such profound effects on you to help you along your way.

I was admiring that bag as well.

I think I will, watching the video shows some really impressive work, full scale street side productions, most of these are done by the owner or with permission, given their height of location. Most Business owners with pieces of property like this would rather it at least look nice for passerbys than a demolished leftover building foundation. [And of course there are those owners who do not..]

I haven't had the opportunity to do something this ...socially available and acceptable. Arizona is pretty tight on things of that nature, and advice given leads most from Arizona to Cali for a weekend at a time anyhow.

I began as a scrawler, doing pieces I still have note of, but wouldn't ever show anyone else.. to some pretty nice work I'm proud of today. My best work has been with the patience and concentration of my notebooks, giving me a peace you cant grasp to when its 3.am. and you're under the tracks. Though I did a few notable walls I appreciated [you are your own worst critic].
Its incredible to see people filming it still, taking an interest, even on the small scale this stuff is.

In Germany, [and you CAN find vid on youtube] they have a filmer follow hooded kids down into the sewer line beside the train station,and go through a series of elaborate tunnels to meet with the Underground train link, and they go in pitch black and just..COVER the cars.. Their professionalism is a sight to see. Maybe it was Paris.. Europe if nothing else is far more savvy to this sort of work, and the exposure is awesome.

Anyway.. Back on topic.. I'll look into it some more, and I really appreciate the look to of my other Hobbies and interests. Its always nice to share more than one thing in common, even if Bikes are the real ONE thing.. ya know?

[Man...I am Wordy..]

About the bag, Im glad its getting so much attention, I got it on a whim..but KNEW Id use it..so.. I got home.. and looked at Miss Columbia, like I always do coming home, and bam. Laid the bag down on her Rack and the rest is History.

I do Advise for SIMILAR bags to be found via nearest Army Surplus. I got good and lucky at a thrift ^.6 Normally the vets grab that stuff up! I actually use one similar as a tool bag but its got twin front pockets.

FZ

Last edited:
Back