Craigslist nightmares and dreams...

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Craigslist nightmares and dreams... funny stories

I AGREE!!!!!!! someone needs to get this! for $20 you can't go wrong!

That is one bizarro seat.

:shock: :shock: :shock: That seat.... Um.... :? :?: :shock:

Yeah, I was paying attention to the rusty parts and then did a double take on the seat! It looks like those dog greeting cards where they have a photo of a dog with photoshopped features like a HUGE nose or GIANT eyes or something. It's wacko to look at for too long.

yoothgeye said:
Yeah, I was paying attention to the rusty parts and then did a double take on the seat! It looks like those dog greeting cards where they have a photo of a dog with photoshopped features like a HUGE nose or GIANT eyes or something. It's wacko to look at for too long.

I can't help but imagine the person who rode it with that seat on it....and why....

This is one of the oddest listings yet that I've seen :? . If this is true(I have my doubts), it's one of the most pathetic CL ads ever.
http://quadcities.craigslist.org/mat/3791610238.html

Friendship (ANYWHERE)
Please, I just want a friend. Imaginary, real, fake, paper, ANYTHING. I need company for these lonely, ,lonely nights. I'm willing to spend any amount of my parents money. And I'm willing to travel anywhere, within biking distance. I'll also need a bike to get there. Or you can come visit me in my mothers basement. Email me between the hours of 4:00-7:30 PM (bedtime is at 7:45) I like reading manga, hentai, books about horses, and listening Alfred Hitchcock recordings. I also have a pokemon red emulator on my laptop, and play Playstation 2 regularly. If you visit me, you'll need to bring your own controller, as well as bringing covers for your socks, as to not dirty the carpet. I also like to each lunchables. I hope this exceedingly lengthy post will not deter you from contacting me.

P.S. I do not have cable, but own every season of the Wonder Years on VHS.

RatSphinx said:
This is one of the oddest listings yet that I've seen :? . If this is true(I have my doubts), it's one of the most pathetic CL ads ever.
http://quadcities.craigslist.org/mat/3791610238.html

Friendship (ANYWHERE)
Please, I just want a friend. Imaginary, real, fake, paper, ANYTHING. I need company for these lonely, ,lonely nights. I'm willing to spend any amount of my parents money. And I'm willing to travel anywhere, within biking distance. I'll also need a bike to get there. Or you can come visit me in my mothers basement. Email me between the hours of 4:00-7:30 PM (bedtime is at 7:45) I like reading manga, hentai, books about horses, and listening Alfred Hitchcock recordings. I also have a pokemon red emulator on my laptop, and play Playstation 2 regularly. If you visit me, you'll need to bring your own controller, as well as bringing covers for your socks, as to not dirty the carpet. I also like to each lunchables. I hope this exceedingly lengthy post will not deter you from contacting me.

P.S. I do not have cable, but own every season of the Wonder Years on VHS.

Oh so much better than listing your buddies bmx for 35$ or a bag of weed!!!!
Thanks for that I needed a laugh! "covers for your socks!" somebody knows exactly who this was about!

Sometimes a deal has all the signs of falling apart and then...cue angel voices.

I listed my '62 Schwinn Corvette on local C'list here in Flint, MI. This bike was modded and rodded and had no appeal to any sane person who wanted to do a restoration.

I got ONE call, just one- from a lady in DEtroit who peppered me with a ton of questions. Then she called again, and again. She said when she saw the pics on Craigslist the bike she imagined building was right there before her eyes.

She asked a couple times if I was coming to DEtroit- it's nearly 2 hours away and other than a Tigers Game or the Autorama I don't go down there. I wasn't gonna drive down to make a deal on this bike. I've dealt with too many flakes on C'list to risk most of a day and $50 in gas.

SO- she sent a text Friday morning that she was coming. Then she called so I could help her figure out a bus schedule. This nice lady took most of the day to ride 4 buses to get to Flint. Walked around the bike, rode it around the parking lot- handed me my asking price and headed back to the bus stop.

It wasn't exactly a Lord of the Rings journey...but pretty close.
Hats off to a HARD CORE RatRodBiker with unflagging determination and a sense of adventure!

kngtmat said:
A November 1982 bike, says it's a 70's/60's and $200 could get it back to perfect shape. Then sell it for a grand.

http://lakeland.craigslist.org/bik/3744973263.html

If he can sell that for a grand I need to go into business with him. We'll be rich! :roll: :lol:

Yeah. What I find funny is if that bike would be worth a $1000 wouldn't he have done it or even buy my Stingray on Craigslist which is a way better condition.

outskirtscustoms said:
kngtmat said:
A November 1982 bike, says it's a 70's/60's and $200 could get it back to perfect shape. Then sell it for a grand.

http://lakeland.craigslist.org/bik/3744973263.html

If he can sell that for a grand I need to go into business with him. We'll be rich! :roll: :lol:

kngtmat said:
Yeah. What I find funny is if that bike would be worth a $1000 wouldn't he have done it or even buy my Stingray on Craigslist which is a way better condition.
I really wanna call this guy and set him straight.

He'd be closer to correct if it was an original Krate.

Latest posts

Back