Little Neutrino UNDONE

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That is a great idea, simple to find the pin outs for a 6L6, a 12ax7 and an EL84...

Anyone ever get 1/2 done and say to yourself, "I just have to ride this."?
Self put the crank and chain on and went for a spin tonight...
Even tho its got the wrong front wheel, and I haven't done any work on the rear end, it felt good riding it. ( I knew there was a reason I put that goofy seat post on there...)

Carl.
Nothing like riding a bike you actually fit!

Luke.

Yep. I have a nice 7 that I can put on for the "Show & Tell"
but I can't ride like that for any real amount of time.
What good is a bike that you can't enjoy riding?
So yeah some stuff on here isn't gonna make the final cut...
But I was out riding it last night! Woohoo!

Carl.

those are some nice audio tubes for a project like this if you got those from a radio look for different ones and keep those for when you decide you "need" to build one of those macintosh amps for your self

< Owns a PA and a few Guitar amps... the Mac is cool but I don't need it.
The tubes are from guitar amps... I doubt I could build anything better than what I have so... I build guitars and bikes...

Carl.

In the wind... It was missing when I got the bike... has a bigger size threaded connection than any other I've ever seen. I haven't yet found one...
The inner square rod is the same though, I've tested it and it works. I just need the connector.

Carl.

Bought a bike for 10 bucks today and got the front wheelset I wanted... went for a ride.

Carl.

Yeah it ain't a Jerald slick, but my vintage Allstate 2.215 is a cool fat tire too!

Carl.

Well its no wonder my hub was having issues. The hole in the brake arm is worn round instead of rectangle and it allows the whole hub to turn. The threads are jacked and axle is bent. on the plus side the disc's seem fine, bearings are good too. Guess I'm looking for a donor hub...

^that bit of shape you can see is paper thin... from the other side it's almost completely round!

^these parts seem fine...

Carl.

Okay, so there's a thread here at RRB in the How To section about rebuilding your Model D hub. Really good if anyone is interested in checking it out. I've come to some conclusions about mine, it has had tranny fluid in it at some point, NOT GOOD, and that started the problems... So far I've got a new axle, brake arm and transfer spring, coming from someone here... and nos discs from a cat on eBay. Mine has been disassembled and cleaned, my bearings all look nice and really the discs were barely worn, but nos discs were too tempting not to do while it was apart. So I'm at that "waiting for parts" stage again with some other doodads from kingfish coming and an offer in on a rack, so we'll see what we can do as far as the stretch. I'm not going to try to hack into this frame before I can get a tig welder, so I have to go earn some side cash to swing that... how many days we got left? All of July anyway... GTB!

Carl.

Got most everything but the JAM NUTS... argh! :headbang: Ruined a repo axle with my old ones... You kno, I'm thinkin' they might have been forced on to the old axle too. The deeper I get into this ND hub the more crud I find wrong. So nuts and another axle coming soon. It's hard to wait, I have it assembled with my old axle, nos discs and transfer spring, and an original replacement for the brake arm, greased the bearings and cones. I can feel it work when I spin it by hand. Patience grasshopper. Won't add oil yet since it's just gonna come back apart when the axle and nuts get here... Hubs just gonna have to wait. :cry:

Carl.

From the pic is looks like the cog is very worn, teeth are hooked:

0618141711a.jpg

Good observation, crank too. Simple to fix once I get the wheel rolling. It is a 1936 and was coated in house paint when I got it. So I know it has been run hard in its long past. I like that idea. Also big thanks to crassly and schwinnspastic for the parts and support...

Carl.

Latest posts

Back