Looking forward to RRBBO#8

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Its doubtful. This was the frame with a few changes. Unless I figure a way to change
the built in stem on the Girvin I don't think it will be on a bike anytime soon.

Can't Wait !!! I'm Looking forward to RRBBO#8 .... My 1st build off with you guys. Sounds like a lot of "FUN" & I want In ... :D
I have a couple of different ideas in my head right now, I just have to pick one of them & Get going !!! :lol:
"RULES".... Sounded a little confusing though, builder has to paint it but someone else can pinstripe it ??? Na...
I think builder should do "ALL" the painting, pinstriping, ect... :wink:

What a GREAT TIME !!!

"OlD SkOol - 4eVeR"

DaBigKahuna said:
OK Need a rules clarification.... if I've bought a frame that is already painted do I need to repaint it or can I leave it the way it is?
I don't know...but if you start off in the TRADITIONAL if RarRod doesn't like your project he can move it to AG class.So no real need to repaint just get a great idea and start building may1(the part about the great idea is the hard part!!!!) :roll: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I'm using this, not painting it either.

IMG_68821_zpsfe0c5757.jpg

DaBigKahuna said:
OK Need a rules clarification.... if I've bought a frame that is already painted do I need to repaint it or can I leave it the way it is?

You can leave the paint, modify the paint, strip the paint, paint over the paint, whatever, as long as you do it yourself.

You do not HAVE to paint the frame you have, but if you do, you do it yourself. Got it?

I noticed that others have asked the same question in the past, and I guess I can understand why, but if you are happy with the paint on the frame, then leave it well enough alone. We aren't making you paint anything, but if you want to, you do it yourself.

I think I've effectively been very redundant.

dang! i want to get into the buld off this year but...i've been workin on motorsickles latley and barely thinking about bicycles.
OK, thats a fib. i've been thinkin' bout bicycles but been to buzy to work on any.
i've got 5 or 6 bikes i wanna build in line. i'me tryin to decide what one i can do that wont cost me to much :lol:
or i got one in mind i wanna build....it's a 20 incher....anyone alse building a 20 incher this year?
i dont wanna build that yet, but maybe.

kingfish254 said:
Here is the first prize to go into the RRBBO8 Prize Pot. Maybe first place in the Classic class, or some other category I make up.

WP_001286.jpg

I guess someone better even things up then... I know these are in high demand overseas, so, as many of these as I can stuff in a 1/2 kilo overseas parcel (probably around 20 of these "fun" sized ones) to someone in the Anything Goes class. Not sure if it is the one with the most votes or just the one my wife likes best, but someone will win them... :wink:

Here is one my wife had hidden and I found earlier...
8662873120_c9efe0d520.jpg

Luke.

Pricepoint.com is having a free shipping weekend, I just bought my 26x2.3 Kenda K-Rads, for 2 shipped it came out to $33, I think that was the last "big" thing I had to buy for the (klunker) build-off.

Thanks guys... ok looks like I'm in. I don't think I'm gonna be a competitor for a top spot though. This will be my 1st "from scratch" build and I'm planning something really simple.

Gotta start ordering some stuff though :wink:

Hmmmmmm...................Had everything planned for this year, but went for my morning walk today, and there was a garage sale around the corner.................came home with a bike :shock:

The closer it gets, the more excited I'm getting. The parts pile for "Old Soul" is getting bigger. There is still obviously more parts to get. No worries though.. I was a little too speedy last year and had a month of BO time left at the end of my build, and noting to do. I'll take my time this go-round. My paint job will certainly not pop like last years build either... or maybe it will, IDK. I love the color I have planned, but most will think its boring. The unfortunate thing (in my head) is that I feel I've fallen into a groove of wanting to build the same type of bike... old school, hot rod influences, not too much, just the right amount of this and that. I say unfortunate, because what I picture in my head is dang near a repeat of last years build. Oh well, Lackluster has been sold and is now living in Oklahoma and I kinda miss it. Maybe it won't hurt to build its dad.. When its all said and done, I'm sure Old Soul will have its own unique character and look. Maybe I'll be able to keep this one for more than six months after BO-8. See you all in 12 days!

DaBigKahuna said:
Thanks guys... ok looks like I'm in. I don't think I'm gonna be a competitor for a top spot though. This will be my 1st "from scratch" build and I'm planning something really simple.

Gotta start ordering some stuff though :wink:
Love it!
Scratch builds are what I love the most!

Luke.

Gold Street Customs said:
I have plans to build , but getting home around 8pm everynight , I just need to find time, but I will build something....even if its wrong :lol:

No such thing as a "wrong" build!

Latest posts

Back