Looking forward to RRBBO#8

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, I figure I'll go with something else so I don't end up ruffling anyone's feathers. Sorry for asking, but I figured it's better to ask first then have to have people get upset. I'll get to it sooner or latter(I do finish them all eventually, it just normally takes years, unless I have a kill date for motivation.)
Get ready to see something totally useless, but it needs built anyhow! :lol:

My plans just took a sudden turn, I took the "50 years" muscle bike in to show my tire guy because when he was fitting up the fat HD tire for it, he made me promise to bring it in to show him when it was done.

Long story short, he made me an offer I couldn't refuse and I am now down 1 bike and up with $$$s and 2 very special tires he swung me as part of the deal! So my project just went up a couple of notches because with the tires he gave me and some of the extra $s I now have, I can afford the rims I really wanted!!! :shock: :mrgreen:

Only hint I am willing to give at this point, check out Rockit!'s avatar pic...
8618763136_e43b3083af_s.jpg

Luke.

sensor said:
Well, I figure I'll go with something else so I don't end up ruffling anyone's feathers. Sorry for asking, but I figured it's better to ask first then have to have people get upset. I'll get to it sooner or latter(I do finish them all eventually, it just normally takes years, unless I have a kill date for motivation.)
Get ready to see something totally useless, but it needs built anyhow! :lol:
Hay,don't make it hard on yourself---Ask this question(to yourself):Can you put as set of wheels on what you have and ride it? If not,all you got is a part.And didn't Ratrod himself ask if we're collecting parts!
My rule is:put all the worry and effort into doing the project,go by the offical rules,and what's not in the rules is lawful.That's simple,right?
All I'm saying is build the bike you want to build.Please.

frameteam2003 said:
sensor said:
I am serious. I know I goof a lot with the sarcastic posts on this topic. This one is real though. :oops:
Offical rules
9. Don't ask a bunch of goofy questions :lol: :lol:

Don't ask, don't tell. :wink: Anything goes.

I'm going to enter a bike this year. I'm looking forward to it. I'm going to build a Traditional Bike. Going to start with your basic '60's 26" men's Schwinn frame and see where happens!

Have a Kustom Kruiser frame for the Build-Off. It will need two coats of paint removed, factory purple and someone else's green. Frame supplied by Tin Machine.

Since I'm getting impatient for the May 1st start, I have a Shelby frame that is going to head towards being a Klunker build with a couple of Electra wheels and 26" x 2.5" tires. It is already powder coated so I can't use it for Build-Off.

MazdaFlyer said:
Have a Kustom Kruiser frame for the Build-Off. It will need two coats of paint removed, factory purple and someone else's green. Frame supplied by Tin Machine.

Since I'm getting impatient for the May 1st start, I have a Shelby frame that is going to head towards being a Klunker build with a couple of Electra wheels and 26" x 2.5" tires. It is already powder coated so I can't use it for Build-Off.

People have used "pre-powdercoated" frames for the build-off before, it's always just been about getting it powdercoated FOR the build-off.

yoothgeye said:
MazdaFlyer said:

People have used "pre-powdercoated" frames for the build-off before, it's always just been about getting it powdercoated FOR the build-off.
Rub the frame with powderfree gloves ? :roll:

yoothgeye said:
MazdaFlyer said:

Well rule #8 says "no powder coating", paint by builder. #9 says no goofy questions, so that's how I arrived at the plan above.

Someone ask if there was a list of parts to order to be in the build-off? At first I though this an ODD question,but it made me think---if I order and build everything including the frame(AG class),what part of my project is a RAT?

frameteam2003 said:
Someone ask if there was a list of parts to order to be in the build-off? At first I though this an ODD question,but it made me think---if I order and build everything including the frame(AG class),what part of my project is a RAT?

That is the beauty of this forum. We are not allowed to define what a "RAT" bike is. See Forum Rule #8

"8. No discussing the definition of the term "rat rod" or whether bikes meet "rat rod" criteria...trust us on this one. "

kingfish254 said:
frameteam2003 said:
what part of my project is a RAT?

That is the beauty of this forum. We are not allowed to define what a "RAT" bike is. See Forum Rule #8

"8. No discussing the definition of the term "rat rod" or whether bikes meet "rat rod" criteria...trust us on this one. "
Thanks Kingfish
And thanks RatRod---for good rules.

after spending saturday with some of the other RRB members i think i'll keep my roadmaster in full patina mode. I did pick up a candidate bike from JD56 though.

ChrisMac said:
Going to pick up a bike on Wednesday that may become my candidate for this year's rat. And are ya ready for this? My wife may enter her first rrbbo this year. She hasn't decided on a frame yet, but we're gettin' there.

Looking forward to both entries. You always do cool builds.

kingfish254 said:
ChrisMac said:
Going to pick up a bike on Wednesday that may become my candidate for this year's rat. And are ya ready for this? My wife may enter her first rrbbo this year. She hasn't decided on a frame yet, but we're gettin' there.

Looking forward to both entries. You always do cool builds.

Thank you, sir. A most appreciated compliment.

So after reading the last three pages of Mother May I...I will have this frame and it will
be sitting around for a month or so and I haven't built or painted it....Guess I can use it as my
build off frame? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Just kidding...I'm out of the competition.
DSCF0002_zpse04943b3.jpg

Back