█ ▌▌G.I.JESSE JAMES ▌▌█

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: █ ▌▌G.I.JESSE JAMES ▌▌█ 6/19 Tobias Fünke

I'm just the opposite, very introverted. Just me and my dog......and beer. :roll:

Oneuglybike said:
I'm just the opposite, very introverted. Just me and my dog......and beer. :roll:

My cat doesn't hang around when the grinder or welder are going, and that's most of my build. :?

yoothgeye said:
Been researching some military vehicle markings:

http://blog.kaiserwillys.com/military-jeep-markings

Here are the photos I took for you of the restored US WWII Jeep that was at our resort in Bali.

IMG_6494.jpg

IMG_6495.jpg

IMG_6497.jpg

IMG_6496.jpg

IMG_6498.jpg

IMG_6499.jpg

IMG_6500.jpg

Thanks for the photos! I guess they did the best they could in Bali, that thing has Suzuki Samurai wheels on it! :D

*Former 10 year Samurai owner.

OK, this buying of surplus stuff has gotten out of hand, today I went to buy a US Army Mermite cooler for $10 and ended up buying a large US Army canvas bag with a HUGE parachute in it.*

*This is Peatbog's thing... oh well, this parachute is really cool! Made in 1965 and demilitarized on the day of my birth, 27/10/76 confirmed with a tag I found in the bag with the parachute, what could this chute have seen? I guess it was worth $20.

Did you get the cooler too?
Those are pretty cool.

dragnusa said:
Cool find for that price. Is it a round one?

Don't think it's round, it's deep though, so it was hard to tell spreading it out. It has the serial numbers on it and other, so I will look it up, it has white nylon net hanging down about 12" around the bottom of the chute, pretty sure it was for equipment or a pallet drop or something. Based on date it could've been dropped in Vietnam.

kingfish254 said:
Did you get the cooler too?
Those are pretty cool.

Oh yeah, the cooler was a definite. I've been wanting one of those for about 10 years or more and have never seen one for under $30.

Alright, it's my day off and I'm outside working... and it's HOT! Well, only 90 degrees right now, not sure about the humidity, but it's up there too.

SAM_0857.jpg

yoothgeye said:
Thanks for the photos! I guess they did the best they could in Bali, that thing has Suzuki Samurai wheels on it! :D

wouldn't be surprised if it has the whole Samurai drivetrain.

ifitsfreeitsforme said:
yoothgeye said:

wouldn't be surprised if it has the whole Samurai drivetrain.

Possibly, but I see no signs of that sort of custom work. I had a friend that installed a Jeep Willys transmission after his Samurai transmission and before the t-case. All kind of forward and reverse gears, that was a really fun one to drive.

Hey guys, I started working on my '56 J.C. Higgins today because I want to take it with me on vacation in mid-July. I am going on a mission trip August 5th, so I won't have a lot of time with the vacation and all to get this bike done correctly. I'm thinking of moving this thread to builds and moving the J.C. Higgins in here as my build-off bike. Tell me what you think.

Here's the Higgins build thread:
viewtopic.php?f=21&t=58840&p=562131#p562131

SAM_0876.jpg

Re: █ ▌▌G.I.JESSE JAMES ▌▌█ 6/21 Frame change? pg40

I thinks those are some serious apes!! I also think this would be a terrific bike for the BO! :mrgreen:

Oneuglybike said:
I thinks those are some serious apes!! I also think this would be a terrific bike for the BO! :mrgreen:

Yeah, the apes are big, but I wouldn't call them serious... what is the opposite of serious? Frivolous. :mrgreen:

Those bars are huge! Love 'em! :D I like both bikes, so whatever you use as your build will be cool!

That Higgins looks fun to ride :D

I'd say ROCK them both...but that Higgins sure would make a sicko cOOL ratster!! :wink:

char said:
Those bars are huge! Love 'em! :D I like both bikes, so whatever you use as your build will be cool!

Yeah, the bars do look huge, but you'd be surprised they aren't a huge stretch to ride even with the seat slammed.

Circa Cycles said:
That Higgins looks fun to ride :D

I'm hoping it will be, I know it will get some attention.

mitchelangelo said:
I'd say ROCK them both...but that Higgins sure would make a sicko cOOL ratster!! :wink:

Well, if I switch to this bike for the build-off the sidecar bike will not be scrapped, just put off till I have more time. I have a few bikes to get ready for our vacation and this is just one of them.

I'm seriously considering this.

tanksalot said:
No dont do it where will the bunnys ride.. I guess you can just zip tie them to the bars :lol: ... :mrgreen:

You forget, I'm allergic to the bunnies... :shock: <-- red eyes

Back