1/4 mEyel cReaper 'Tis Done!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My goal this year is to make a better bike overall. I know the spelling is wrong, it's supposed to be. This is going to be a Hawthorne based build, and with that, here's what the bike will be built around:

ratbike4.jpg

Re: 1/4 mEyel kReaper

Few more do-dads. Being an exterminator I get to go into some crazy places. These pop cans were in a closed off dumbwaiter shaft in a creepy basement, so I took them. They might make some cool little fenders.

bikestuff063.jpg

bikestuff059.jpg

bikestuff060.jpg

bikestuff061.jpg

bikestuff062.jpg

A SimpleMan tank insert:

bikestuff010.jpg

Re: 1/4 mEyel cReaper

Now for my canvas. I am going to be using this perfectly aged pre-war CWC frame. I think it's a '42ish.

bikestuff075.jpg

bikestuff077.jpg

bikestuff076.jpg

bikestuff073.jpg

bikestuff074.jpg

One more frame pic.

bikestuff072.jpg

Took apart one of the old Pepsi cans and hammered it flat as well to see if the potential for a fender or two might be plausible.

bikestuff079.jpg

bikestuff080.jpg

Looks great :wink: Makes me want a Jerald Sulky even more :shock:

Went rooting through another parts bin tonight with the election on in the background. Found some more potential parts to use. Found this Lucky 7 post. It's gotta cool bend in it unlike any others I have:

bikestuff088.jpg

bikestuff096.jpg

bikestuff097.jpg

Found some drum keys as well and tinkered with making tension screws out of them:

bikestuff085.jpg

bikestuff086.jpg

bikestuff087.jpg

Found this crusty old seat with crash rail and no leather:

bikestuff091.jpg

bikestuff092.jpg

Going to dog-leg it up for sure:

bikestuff093.jpg

Phantom sprocket:

bikestuff090.jpg

A crusty old Colson chain guard and an old Mead chain guard from last year's build:

bikestuff095.jpg

bikestuff094.jpg

Possible grips. '80s red chubby BMXers and some old glitter green ones:

bikestuff098.jpg

nice parts and nice frame. gotta dig the big and little tires too

I diggin' the stereo in background! :D

Nice parts choice as well, looks like it's the year of the skinny front, fat rear. I have that same front tire on a recumbent, it makes a good "run-flat" tire.

SCHWINNRAY69 said:
Looks great :wink: Makes me want a Jerald Sulky even more :shock:

No joke. That is the first comparison shot that I have seen.

Gotta love those big and littles. The Jerald slick looks really good especially for a drag machine.

I decided from the beginning to do big and littles but have different tires in mind.

The tension screw idea is awesome.

I did some more parts rooting and found these sweet Raleigh Fireball apes with the right amount of patina. They've got a real sweet curve on them too :D

bikestuff108.jpg

bikestuff107.jpg

bikestuff109.jpg

Mucked around with some mock ups, including a very loose fitting of the seat and post. The seat is going to get some sort of home done covering, at least to make the rivets more bearable on the keester.

bikestuff103.jpg

bikestuff104.jpg

bikestuff105.jpg

Mocked up the Jerald slick and part of a pop can fender. I'm going to have to use some muffler coiling to make a spine and ribs and get the proper curves going on the fender. Maybe some cool rivets as well. That should be interesting :p

bikestuff101.jpg

bikestuff102.jpg

bikestuff099.jpg

bikestuff100.jpg

bikestuff.jpg

Also mocked up where the shifter will be going on the outside of the tank insert.

bikestuff110.jpg

bikestuff111.jpg

Re: 1/4 mEyel cReaper now with scallops

I noticed the outline of a scallop last night and got curious as to just what was left under the green. I got out my Permatex rust dissolving gel and triple 0 steel wool. With some light rubbing and a little patience I found these:

bikestuff118.jpg

bikestuff119.jpg

Back to the garage to see what else I can 'dig-up' :wink:

Tomorrow I'll be swinging by the storage unit to grab a tote labelled "Bones" (mad scientist laugh trailing off)

Back