1936 aluminum hawthorn "BILLETPROOF" new pics almost done!!!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ebay013.jpg

ebay012.jpg

ebay014-1.jpg

this is the new bike and it will be a rat. as you can see i have modified the monark style springer to work with a regular fork. i just cut the drop outs off and drilled new holes for the pivot bolts. i also bent the main legs about 3/4 of an inch further forwards to rake it out a touch.

ebay015-1.jpg

i also fliped the top plate to make it sit lower than stock

ebay016-1.jpg

Re: 1936 aluminum hawthorn no name yet

Looks good so far. Nice to see some old and new parts on a cool frame.

thanks i am trying to use as many old parts on this one as i can. the wheels are older i know the front is 60's and the rear is an old heavy duti chrome deal. other than the stem and the front peice of the springer it is old so far

ebay017-1.jpg

ebay018-1.jpg

ebay019-1.jpg

tossed these old schwinn apes on to see what it looks like. i really wanted to do something different on this one not my normal drop bar setup. what do you guys think?

look's good there, you aren't wasting anytime on the build, talk to you soon

I just bought one for $235 shipped. I should have it here at the house in a week or so. Nice build I'm going to run the stock aluminum fork with truss rods on the front no front fender bob the rear fender flip the handel bars red wheels with while walls and buils a Aluminum tank for it.

Really really really looks good. Man I would have to polish that frame . Mothers mag and wheel polish on a 4'' buffing wheel would do the trick. They do make a seatpost that fits in a frame like the stem fits in a fork fyi. :lol:

yes i might just go that route. as far as polishing i am going to do the main tubes but thats it. still hung up on the bars what do you guys think?

I think if you run fenders those bars would look good. If not I'd use lower bars.

well.......i do like the apes on there have you tried putting the rusty elgin bars on there at all(the ones you showed me thursday)?
those might look at home on there also

the seat shown is a really old beat up brooks b17. i wish i had a wide seat to run that might look better. and no i have not yet sensor maybe i should give it a shot. oh yea and did a little polishing today pictures to follow soon 8)

any good ideas for a name? this one i am having a hard time

Hey stranger, glad to see ya back at it, as far as a name, thats a tough one I keep thinking along the lines of billetproof.....now is that cast aluminum or tubing ? if it was cast you go with castaway or outcast .....I could go on... :roll:

you hit it i was thinking about billetproof or nadabillet but i think billetproof will do now i just have to hope i dont get sued thanks buddy.

Re: 1936 aluminum hawthorn "BILLETPROOF"

ebay020.jpg

ebay021.jpg

spent some time polishing the main tubes sorry about the bad pics i was tired.

Re: 1936 aluminum hawthorn "BILLETPROOF"

what did you use to polish it?

ive been debating about media blasting, or standing over the cloth wheel for a few days..

Back