1936 aluminum hawthorn "BILLETPROOF" new pics almost done!!!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: 1936 aluminum hawthorn "BILLETPROOF"

Yeah Id agree.... I think the bars have potential.. its all gonna depend on what you find for a seat....

I assume this is a 24" frame.. Are those 26" wheels? I have the same bike, mine is a 24.. I have seen a small hand full of 26's but it seems the 24's are much more common?

looks good :mrgreen:
whats the seat post for? just to hold it while polishing or is there something else in the works(looks like theres 2 tubes on it.....)?
well i guess ill see next week huh?

Just my opinion but I think the Monark straight bars look awkward with the blade style fork. Something about those two geometric shapes next to each other. The final product may sway my thinking, but initially this is what I think. Love the polished frame on these bikes and it looks like the 26 ers fit in there nicely to give a little extra ground clearance. More pics as you go please!

Joe

from what ive heard, all the silver king style bikes were 24" from the factory, but they engineered them to be able to fit a 26 with a bit of work.

i got one of these bikes, but my frame is a bit different, its a 35 and its got more of a lugged look at the joints. i need to strip it, fix the steer tube, polish it up and get some fenders. someone along the way

IMG_0320.jpg

Looking good. My 37 Dualium will be here shortly.

the plan is to rip the fork back apart and remove the paint off the legs. i think it is the two colors that throws it off.

it is.....are you using the stock springs or the others you had in when i saw her?
didnt want to say what kind just in case theyre getting swapped again....

i went back to the original springs because i just could not find the right combo of spacers to make them work. and with the extra rake and flipped top it ended up sitting about as low as it is going to anyways. ohhhh and i found the bars i am going to use but you will have to wait till thurs to see them. uber rare thats all i gotta say. but it is going to be heck to get this bike done in time now i have three bikes that i am bringing for other guys plus my 4 and one of the bikes i am bringing for my friend i still have to stripe, and well one of mine is not done yet, i still have to finish the trophies, ummmmmmmmm i am sure i am missing something else all i can say is i am tired.

karfer67 said:
ohhhh and i found the bars i am going to use but you will have to wait till thurs to see them. uber rare thats all i gotta say. but it is going to be h*** to get this bike done in time now i have three bikes that i am bringing for other guys plus my 4 and one of the bikes i am bringing for my friend i still have to stripe, and well one of mine is not done yet, i still have to finish the trophies, ummmmmmmmm i am sure i am missing something else all i can say is i am tired.

well itll be worth the wait to see it :mrgreen:
and yeah i know how that goes....im trying to get a bike done before thurs. myself(if i can ever find a stinking leaf spring or some 3/16" stock to make one...)

call up blue collar hardware in sacramento. it is off of florin perkins rd. i am going to toss the new bars on after work and i might just have to post pics anyways. hey that reminds me mike s came by and he is entering a few bikes into the show

ok ok i cant take it i like the bars so much i figured i would show it off pre show almost done. i decided to use a repop sprocket it just looked better with the polished tubes. are these nutty bars or what?

ebay030.jpg

ebay031.jpg

ebay032.jpg

Man that is turning out awsome ....luv the bars too :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

I like the Shelby Airflow bars on it. I'm getting a set for my 1937 Shelby Airflow pretty soon.

when you said rare bars,those are the first bars that popped into my head! :shock: they look really great on the bike,too! man someday! :mrgreen:

Karf,
Correct me if I am wrong. i think these are Murray Mark 3 bars from 26" Middleweights from the late 60's early 70's.

joe

Joe is right. Learn something new. I thought they were from a Shelby too, but these are much lower profile.

Back