1936 elgin MOVED TO THE GALLERY

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: 1936 elgin and yet another color

Paint the frame the same color as the rims, creme darts or pinstipes, and the tires will look great.

(take this for what its worth....which isnt much) try a solid color w/o the flake or pearl if you decide to paint again(just spot some on by the wheels and tires itll help you see whatll work or not with the wheel/tires with out having to shoot the whole thing)

Clancy the Ski Bunny. he he. Ok with $8 worth of kenda's and it just keeps getting worse and worse :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

kenda001.jpg

I think the tires are the problem you should just box them up and ship them to me. Not tryin to be a smart just tryin to help you out man

The problem was not painting the rims black or tan and I would have been through already.aaaaaggggggghhhhhh. Live and learn. even red would have been nice.

Yeah skip he yard guys havent started yet. I just run my zero turn around and get the big stuff. they do it all. Im way too lazy to mow my own yard.

Don't mind me. I'm just envious that you are working on your bikes and taking photos of them near green grass; while I am at work or shoveling snow.

A guy I work with just brought in some chips and dip though.

So I've got that going for me.

Which is nice.
bill_murray_caddyshack1.jpg

Black is always good. I saw a brand new 24x3 Dyno Fireball at Bowling in Pasadena yesterday that would go great on this bike. Then you wouldn't have to worry about those rims at all.

Hey Uncle Stretch,this may not help on this build but for future builds it might.Let me preface this by saying that I am a painter by trade for about 35 years (commercial/custom) Go to home Depot or Lowes and in thier paint area they will have color charts that have 2,3 or 4 colors lumped together that compliment each other. Some color combos dont seem like they would work but really do once you see them together. I think you might have a hard time getting something to go along with the Aqua rims because they are both blue and green,kinda-sorta.Unless you paint the frame the same. :wink:

Ooooh I think I found it ...Chrome rims 3speed nexus and the fat frankies

tripod002.jpg

ok im happy with this ...now if i dont mess it up with seat and grip choices. im afraid to put any darts on it now.my choices are not that good right now. but one good trade off a skiptooth for a nexus 3 speed .

Back