1936 elgin MOVED TO THE GALLERY

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: 1936 elgin new copper grips pics today

It is solid bar stock .627 ...just like what was in it . Made it an 1 1/2'' longer and less bend than the old one. I stuck it in my vice and whacked it with a 5 pound hammer several times. Pretty stout stuff ,but if the need arises I will weld a small gusset on the bottom.

and it would match the black background on the logo of the tire and maybe a blue annd black seat cause theres blue in the block too :D

Ill put one on there tomorrow and take some pictures. I'm thinking it will look way to ...just focus on the seat ...kinda look. We will see. Seats are easy . Now tires and paint jobs take a little longer ha ha

best combo yet paul! :D looks really good! and i sure as heck wont be the one to tell you,how good it would look with copper rims! :wink:

Funny john real funny ......I'm through with the basic bike . I got my seat covered a few minutes ago. Turned out good . My wife has a purse business on the side and she had some python leftovers and the cool thing is it has a copper tint to it. She donated enough to cover my seat. Still have to take it apart and clean and paint the springs ...but once again I'm impressed.

python001.jpg

Re: 1936 elgin Seat recovered in Python

That's killer! Is that real Python? Ostrich skin would be nuts!

Latest posts

Back