3G Vs. Electra

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That 3G Isla Vista appears to come with "normal" width rims, and not the cool 57mm wide rims. On top of that, the frame is butt ugly, and looks cramped. The lines on the Electra Cruiser frame look way cleaner, and appears more stretched out and roomy.

Quality differences aside (probably none), my vote goes to the Electra. I recommend you test ride both, before deciding which one to purchase. Also, depending on where you live, Electra Cruiser 1's can be found on the used market fairly easily, and the money you save buying used can be applied towards purchasing a set of the 3G 57mm copper wheels.

I own a 3G Isla Vista. The frame is not cramped. While it isn't as large as the bigger 3G bikes, it's large enough for me (6'-2"). The rims are copper, but they're not the anodized wide Jemina rims, they're standard rims, painted copper. I really like the handlebars. Mine also has a 2 speed kickback rear hub, which is cool. It came that way, though the website lists it as a single speed.

I like the bike. I like the flat black with the copper rims, and I have an eventual plan to add more copper to bring out the rims, such as copper truss rods.

Ya I seen the Electra in person and it looks really good. Theirs nothing for either of them under craigslist but there only around $230ish i'll probably get the Electra.

The um "quality" will probably be comparable. If I were you, I'd go with whatever geometry you prefer: stretched out Electra or short wheel base 3g. I don't think i'd let come copper paint on some wheels make my mind up for me...

Silverbeach said:
I have both, and my 3g is so comfy. The build is very similar, ride both if you can.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2
I can't find a 3G in new york, Could you give me a pro/con list of both?

Back