3rd Human Powered Vehicle Festival- September 2012 [Ayer MA]

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's that time of year again, when I come around to the forums and offer another exciting day of fun in September. Save the date: it's Sunday, September 9th.
We (the Friends of the Nashua River Rail Trail) have hosted two festivals (2010 and 2011) that have seen a good turnout of RatRodders.

The festival's mainly contain a bunch of weird vehicles (please don't ask for a description of the bikes (we can't even start), there are plenty of pictures in the other threads), that are exhibited and tried by the public in a large parking lot in Ayer center. This year the festival will be happening alongside the 10th anniversary celebrations for the rail trail, so look forward to some cool extra goodies. We don't have the day's schedule finalized yet, but will post it as soon as we do.

So far, our tentative schedule includes a good road ride in the morning, hanging out in the afternoon, and a parade.

48.jpg

Our website is a good place to get the important information, and you can sign up for an email mailing list on the front page. We are trying Facebook and Twitter out, so if you want to help us spread the word by spamming all your friends on Facebook, please join our Facebook Event. Also, we will try to keep our Twitter feed up to date, so if you ever want to know any of the random thoughts that travel through our brains, you can find them on our feed.

You might be interested to know that the picture of the RatRodders above is also featured on our Facebook page and is the background of our Twitter feed, at least until we find something less likely to scare the children.

Scare the children? What about scaring the fish and spooking the horses? Looking forward to it this year, last year was a good time. I can't speak for Kota but he will be there. I'll try to bring something of interest this year.

I'm planning on being there....If Graylock is bringing something of interest, that means he'll probably be picking me up at my house.

Sounds great, I am already starting to wonder what you will bring....

I'll be looking forward to seeing you guys at the festival.

This was a great event last year, heaps of fun with cool stuff to do; thanks for the heads-up Ryan.

UPDATE: 3 tier tallbke seen in 2011 DESTRoYED by owner.Failure to maintain bike in proper fashion forced teardown.
Owner/builder Stevil is at this time constructing another death-defying bike for the upcoming event.Stay tuned.

Stevil said:
UPDATE: 3 tier tallbke seen in 2011 DESTRoYED by owner.Failure to maintain bike in proper fashion forced teardown.
Owner/builder Stevil is at this time constructing another death-defying bike for the upcoming event.Stay tuned.
I'm sorry to hear about the fate of the tall bike. Looking forward to seeing you (and whatever you can bring).

ZygoteLittle said:
This was a great event last year, heaps of fun with cool stuff to do; thanks for the heads-up Ryan.
Glad to hear you had a good time last year, we are trying to make this year even better.

Please email us if you are planning on coming (Greylock, KOTA, and Stevil, no need, I've already got you down)

Edit: Oh yeah, maybe I should give you the email address: [email protected]

All right, only 3 more months until the festival! Anyone else coming?
(No, this isn't an attempt to bump... Why do you ask? :wink:)

Keep on bumping, Best way to get the news out. I plan on being there again this year with my son, the one who had a broken wrist last year and could not enjoy all the fun to its fullest. We still had a great time and look forward to it again. Rick and Zane

KZ1000 said:
Keep on bumping, Best way to get the news out. I plan on being there again this year with my son, the one who had a broken wrist last year and could not enjoy all the fun to its fullest. We still had a great time and look forward to it again. Rick and Zane

Yup, I don't plan to stop bumping. I remember you guys at the festival, you going to be bringing any vehicles this year?

yes not sure what we'll be bringing yet, 2 of my boys will be coming so add 3 bikes to the crowd

KZ1000 said:
yes not sure what we'll be bringing yet, 2 of my boys will be coming so add 3 bikes to the crowd

All right, looking forward to seeing you there. This festival should be good, already getting some local business intrest...

Please spread the word to anyone you know who might be interested! We still need to get the word out to more people.

I really want to go, but it's the first day of my vacation from work. You would think that would make it easy, uh, no. My wife wants to go too, that makes it easier! :lol: I'm gonna try,, I might not be able to bring a bike is the only thing :( .

jackdaw said:
I really want to go, but it's the first day of my vacation from work. You would think that would make it easy, uh, no. My wife wants to go too, that makes it easier! :lol: I'm gonna try,, I might not be able to bring a bike is the only thing :( .

Hey, we don't require people to bring vehicles!

Crowded weekends; where does one choose to go? :)

The HPVF’s in!

HPVF said:

Looking forward to riding with Das Group and seeing/riding the new Winter/Spring/Summer projects! 8)

Looking at the schedules, there really isn’t a conflict, only a matter of logistics.

HPVF: Sunday September, 9th
Bike Fest: Saturday September, 1st
North East Epic Boston Bike Ride: will work if it is scheduled for Saturday September, 8th

This would make it possible for us to enjoy two consecutive weekends of riding together :) :!:

ZygoteLittle said:
Looking at the schedules, there really isn’t a conflict, only a matter of logistics.

HPVF: Sunday September, 9th
Bike Fest: Saturday September, 1st
North East Epic Boston Bike Ride: will work if it is scheduled for Saturday September, 8th

This would make it possible for us to enjoy two consecutive weekends of riding together :) :!:
Wow, amazing scheduling, considering we didn't all talk about dates beforehand!

Back