53' 24" Breast Cancer Phantom (Eva passed away Dec 5th)

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Breast Cancer Awareness 24" 53' Phantom for my wife

Sorry to hear about the setback but optimistic about the options.

pick said:
Hang in there guys! Our thoughts & prayers are with you!
+1

Paint and decals on the bike look great!

Here is a temporary loose fit of the bike.New bars havent showed up yet so i slapped some rusty bars on it wich actually look way cool.Rear tire has gotta go,its just to tight.One of the two seat options is on,I am tweaking the seat donated by member Pick to get it straightened out a little then Ill test fit it and let my wife decide.Final product should be done soon depending on how my wife is doing.
Phantombuild019.jpg

Phantombuild017.jpg

Lookin Awesome Greg! 8)

I'll be praying for you!

Bike looks great :wink: Too bad the rear tire won't fit, it looks cool. What kind of tire is that? What is your new option for the rear? :D

honestly...id ride that lol love the pink and black AND the chain guard is fantastic

ndaway said:
dvnport said:
honestly...id ride that lol love the pink and black AND the chain guard is fantastic
+ 1 I dont have a problem riding pink if it looks this cool 8)

no lie...pink is one of my fav colors. when i wear my pink shirt to the club the ladies are on ittttttttttttttttttt .... ive always like black and pink bikes though... just something about the colors exp when its for something like breast cancer.

SCHWINNRAY69 said:
I'll be praying for you!

Bike looks great :wink: Too bad the rear tire won't fit, it looks cool. What kind of tire is that? What is your new option for the rear? :D
Its a 24x3.0 Dyno Fireball.They ask 50-60.00 for these babies on ebay but my schwinn dealer has old stock for 20.00 each.Im going to use a cheng shin C241 cruiser tire,looks decent in online pictures,Its tuff to find 24" anything let alone tires.I will go to a Maxxis Hookworm 24x2.50 if the C241 doesnt look right.

Xcruiser said:
SCHWINNRAY69 said:
I'll be praying for you!

Its a 24x3.0 Dyno Fireball.They ask 50-60.00 for these babies on ebay but my schwinn dealer has old stock for 20.00 each.Im going to use a cheng shin C241 cruiser tire,looks decent in online pictures,Its tuff to find 24" anything let alone tires.I will go to a Maxxis Hookworm 24x2.50 if the C241 doesnt look right.

.... 50-60 each? thats wack glad you got the hook up for 20 lol

You want to sell the 24x3 back tire thanks Tony and wish your wife the best

Xcruiser said:
SCHWINNRAY69 said:
I'll be praying for you!

Wish my bike shop had those Fireballs! :shock: I need to get a cool fat tire for my build off bike in May :mrgreen:

SCHWINNRAY69 said:
Xcruiser said:
SCHWINNRAY69 said:
I'll be praying for you!

Wish my bike shop had those Fireballs! :shock: I need to get a cool fat tire for my build off bike in May :mrgreen:
Tell ya what.Ill be going by that shop when my wife gets some scans (i think this week) and Ill drop by and buy out the last 3 or 4 and If you'll pay back my 20.00 and cover whatever shipping Ill send you one.I dont care to profit and I WILL without question send your tire to you so no worries.I admit I will be extremely busy this coming week with my wifes condition (we found another place that appears willing to do her surgery,cross your fingers)but I should be driving right by the shop on the way to the hospital 60 miles way and i stop by anyway everytime i am in town.

I really appreciate the offer but your extremely busy. I really don't want to intrude on such an event. Maybe in the future :) Thanks though :wink:

Finally got a minute to get some decent pics outside in the light.Took off the 24x3.0 tire so I could mount the chain guard.Put on an NOS 1963 Kelly Springfield tire temporarily.
Phantombuild028.jpg

Phantombuild029.jpg

That looks great! :D Everythings perfect :wink:

SCHWINNRAY69 said:
I really appreciate the offer but your extremely busy. I really don't want to intrude on such an event. Maybe in the future :) Thanks though :wink:
Let me know,its really no problem at all.Ill try to grab them anyhoo just to have them available.

Xcruiser said:
Finally got a minute to get some decent pics outside in the light.Took off the 24x3.0 tire so I could mount the chain guard.Put on an NOS 1963 Kelly Springfield tire temporarily.
Phantombuild028.jpg

Phantombuild029.jpg

i really like the ks tire you put on it. its very good looking with that on it. love the chain that sets it off. i wish i could find an all white one for this build im doing. GREAT JOB best wishes to you and your wife.

I think it looks pretty cool as is, but a little bigger tire will just look better! That's just my opinion! Everything is coming together very nicely.

dvnport : You can get an all white chain @ Porkchop BMX (a sponsor on this site) for about $11 + shipping!

Back