'86 Jamis Boss "Double Phat"

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'll set them aside for ya... we'll cross paths sooner or later. I have no use for them. I put one on the downtube just because, but the wrap was crazy.

Kool.!! I'm sure we will and I'll be sure to kick down some $$ for them..
I ran into some guy that was cruiser a 26 cruiser with no name on the bike and he was rollin with the Jamis shell tread cruiser tires and I ask the guy if he be willing to trade a set of BRAND NEW tires for his used ones and sure enough he was down for the trade.. i Bought the tires already and now waiting for him to get the time off so we can do the switch.. Heck Yeah.!!!

I'm telling you, when I seen him ride up and as I was leaving and looked down at his bike and spoted the tires My heart stopped for a moment and jumped started again and just slured out if he wanted to sell the tires and replied saying that was his transportation to go back and forth to work.. I told I'll replace them with new tires and he said "Sure Ok".
Haven't stopped thinking about them since them..

Meh. Work has been scant this month between my and my boss's vacations but I did at least get a little info on the fork. Seems it was made by Wuler, who has been a manufacturer of forks (and seemingly only forks) since the early 80's and by the 90's appears to have supplied a lot of the bigger names like Schwinn, Redline, DB, Mongoose etc before so much of the BMX world turned into stickers on Pacific's Walmart bikes and and some smaller boutique brands like Parkpre and Robinson.

And a really cool stem that makes me want to build a lugged roadie...
152large.jpg

Last edited:
Well baby steps... Scored some time on my dad's buffing wheel, a seatpost that fits (turns out it's 1") and swapped the axles in the hubs. Diggin' the burgundy grips but the pedals I want are discontinued so sort of stuck there :(

IMG_20140922_121318.jpg

And finally starting to look like a bicycle based life from. Cranks and BB arrived, nabbed a set of S&M Cruiser Slam bars because the KOS bars I was going to use did't have enough length in the grip area for the wide NS grips and still get a brake lever in there, and as soon as I saw that phat crossbar I knew I couldn't say no. Custom decals from ebay seller DSC-stores... amazingly patient to work with, worked up a custom design from crappy pixelated pics I sent, and sent me two sheets for to price of one! All for $24. Can't recommend them enough.

IMG_20141001_165831-1.jpg

IMG_20141001_165902.jpg

and one to try to catch the color in the sun:
IMG_20141001_165847.jpg

Ignore the California lawn... we've pretty much abandoned our back yards due to water rationing lol.

Laced the hoops and thew on an old seat and some pedals just of the heck of it. I think I need to bite the bullet and embrace the bling and have the hoops polished. I tried to mimic the OG finish with Soft Scrub, and for any other project I'd be very happy with the results, but those hubs came out so nice I think the hoops need to match.

IMG_20141005_115705.jpg

Back