'86 Jamis Boss "Double Phat"

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That stem is NICE.!!
Wish they made in a 1" quil style for a build I'm doing..

How's this?
311C406C-4C20-4222-B94A-CB8AF9185C8E.jpeg

"Only" $230!! Ha!!

Laced the hoops and thew on an old seat and some pedals just of the heck of it. I think I need to bite the bullet and embrace the bling and have the hoops polished. I tried to mimic the OG finish with Soft Scrub, and for any other project I'd be very happy with the results, but those hubs came out so nice I think the hoops need to match.

Looks awesome, so far. Thanks again for the lead on the Wuler fork; I tossed one on my Emory and it rocks pretty hard...

In the middle everything else going on I grabbed some brakes... NOS DC Bulldogs and levers- why can I never stay focused on one build at a time?
IMG_20150116_150219.jpg

Might have to pick up some aluminium cased pads just for bling.

And finally found pedals. This has been a real issue for me as the Fly graphite dark reds I thought would be the best match were discontinued last year and no one seems to have any. Then lo an behold some Redlines pop up. And while everything else that has gone on this bike so far (and will for the rest of the build) has been new, NOS or as close to perfect as possible, these show just a tad bit more wear than I'd like but the price was right and color was right and the look was right and what the heck, they match the Redline cranks. Besides, perfect pedals just shows that you never actually ride your bikes right?

IMG_20150131_145003.jpg

IMG_20150131_145819.jpg

Hard thing about the temptation in cruiser is he's here local almost my backyard neighbor.
I must resist... I must resist.!!!

Na, man... you just sold that Emory--- you must buy the Boss, to keep the universe in balance. Don't do it for yourself-- do it for the GOOD of the UNIVERSE!

Haha.. Well how would you fill the universe better with.??
Laguna OR Jamis "Boss"

Now ask yourself this.!!!

Probably the Laguna.... but it depends on the LAguna's situation/condition. I'd take this cherry Jamis Boss over a jenky Laguna, but some of those LAgunas are chromoly, and a nice LAguna is tough to beat....

Well, my bestie and I are having a little tiff, so our summer road trip might not happen. If it doesn't, I might just nab this Walmart wonder as a parts donor and build it up-

k2-_4e7a9602-f235-4c25-8741-455d05ef03d6.v1.jpg

Yeah, just a cheap source of parts. Down to $120 for the frame/post/clamp. Gunna use the forks on another project. That's less than I paid for the powder.

Back