8th Annual Midwest Bicycle Fest (Video Added)

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: 8th Annual Midwest Bicycle Fest (RRB Member Prize Details)

Here's 2 of 3 Skid Contest trophies. Thanks 1965rat.
2012_Skid_Trophies.JPG

Re: 8th Annual Midwest Bicycle Fest (RRB Member Prize Details)

aka_locojoe said:
Here's 2 of 3 Skid Contest trophies. Thanks 1965rat.
2012_Skid_Trophies.JPG

Awesome trophies! Looking forward to seeing all you guys nxt Sunday! 8)

Re: 8th Annual Midwest Bicycle Fest (Ratrod Raffle Bike)

This gorgeous kustom ratrod is another of 3 bikes we'll be raffling off for just $1 per ticket at the Midwest Bicycle Fest this Sunday! Thanks to ratfink1962, 450redrider and Porkchoppd Custom Bicycles.

2012_Raffle_Bike_Ratrod-5.JPG

2012_Raffle_Bike_Ratrod-4.JPG

2012_Raffle_Bike_Ratrod-2.JPG

2012_Raffle_Bike_Ratrod-3.JPG

details and facts about the Raffle bike....

Seat, donated by Aka_locojoe
Blasting, Powdercoating and misc. parts by 450redrider
Other bit and pieces by Udallcustombikes and 65rat
Tires, Tubes, Rimstrips, Bars, Grips, by Porkchoppd Custom Bicycles
8 Ball bell and valve caps by Tom Sawyer Bike shop

Built on the theme of the 8th annual Midwest Bicycle Fest.
I provided the frame, fork, fabrication and assembly. The rear rack was something I found in the free pile at the Midwest Bicycle Swapmeet earlier this year, it was in pretty bad shape but I found a use for it. The fork... my take on a faux springer, it has many pieces from the hardware store, plus I used a scrap piece of sheetmetal off of a Honda hood to make the spring cups, the part of the fork that braces the truss rods is made out of three separate pieces of a Volkswagen Swingaxle Transmission brace kit. Truss rods are Brake lines provided by O'Reily's. The chainguard is a customized stock unit made by welding in a scrap of oval tubing at an angle. The setback seatpost is made from two different seatposts, and part of a crank, its plenty stout!

Many thanks to those that donated parts, ideas or help! it was greatly appreciated!

All it takes is ONE ticket to win!.... but I HIGHLY suggest you get more than that.... many more!

Can I get this delivered after I win it? :mrgreen: Not sure I will have room on the trailer with all the bikes I'm bringing! :lol:

It looks awesome! :D

Looking forward to pics and videos from this event.

udallcustombikes said:
Great job, Mitch. Did the 29er get done?

Its as done as I can make it, but still no stripe job.
Havent heard a word from Harry :(

Fantastic job by everyone!!!!

Next 5 days we are going to have rain on and off... Everyone should bring something to put under the kickstands to keep bikes up ... The ground will be soft... But, the weather looks to be downright perfect Sunday!!!!! 8)

Ratfink1962, and crew, You guys did a great job on the raffle bike.
And you even went with my colors, red and black were my high school colors, and the colors of the other 2 raffle bikes I have won recently.
It will look great in my raffle bike collection.

dangratsdan said:
Ratfink1962, and crew, You guys did a great job on the raffle bike.
And you even went with my colors, red and black were my high school colors, and the colors of the other 2 raffle bikes I have won recently.
It will look great in my raffle bike collection.

If I was a betting man... I would guess you would win this as well.... I think we should keep you away from being able to enter the raffle... Come on, give someone else a fighting chance... :D

pick said:
Can I get this delivered after I win it? :mrgreen: Not sure I will have room on the trailer with all the bikes I'm bringing! :lol:

Sure you can get it delivered, Heck we can even load up all the bikes you are bringing and deliver them all at once.

NO tracking # though :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

aka_locojoe said:

When I saw this photo, my first thought was "That is a hilarious wheelie bar" :p :mrgreen:

Randy: Have you figured out the timeframe for the schedule on Sunday yet? Just wondering, in case I oversleep! :lol:

Looks like 3 of us coming from KC now, we plan on getting down there late Sat afternoon, in time for the cruise. We will be in the one ton dully and so far I have a real heavy load...I'm bringing down a pair of tricycle grips for Pick. Should have plenty of room to bring down other parts or bikes any of you might want, just let me know before Sat morning. Also if any of you have anything I might need, I love to bring back stuff without paying shipping. But might be a little tight on room after I win those 3 raffle bikes. Ha! See ya all Sat.

pick said:
Randy: Have you figured out the timeframe for the schedule on Sunday yet? Just wondering, in case I oversleep! :lol:

Here you go....

Schedule times are approximate and subject to change.

10:00am (all day): Bicycles will be on display. View and ride bikes. Talk with other enthusiasts. Music by Accent Mobile Music.

10:00am - 2:00pm: Vote for your favorite bike. Two classes. Classic and Kustom.

11:30am: Skid Row Contest. Who can lay the longest skid? See rules.

12:00pm: Let's Eat! Grillmaster Mitch serving up Hot Dogs.

1:30pm: Save The Baby. Compete head to head to be the first to "save the baby"

2:30pm: Slow Ride. A race to see who can ride the slowest.

3:00pm: Door Prize drawings. Raffle Bike winners drawn. Peoples Choice voting ends. Ballots will be counted and the award(s) will be presented.

3:45pm: Get on your bikes and ride! Everyone is encouraged to join in on this short Parade ride.

4:00pm: See ya next year!

We ask that participants not show up till the fest start time at 10:00am. That way we can get everything set up uninterrupted.
In addition to your bikes and a few bucks, you might want to bring sunscreen, chairs and water.

Another reminder...
Special give-away/drawing this year for RRB members only.
When you check in, mention that you'd like to enter the Ratrodbikes.com drawing (the people working the registration table wont ask you, you have to tell them). You'll fill out a piece of paper with your RRB member name and your real name.
You'll then be entered in a random drawing for a chance to win this RatrodBikes head badge!

P1040554.JPG

Latest posts

Back