Agent Orange

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
IF you are taking a vote, I would vote to stretch the frame. The mock up you did in this last picture looks great with the lower frame. I also agree the bike needs to be ride able so a little rake to keep your feet off the front fender would be nice. Keep up the great work!

Just trying to get more perspective with a front fender. Yup, I'm thinking adding a lower tube then raking the forks out a little. This pic is without the forks raked so you can see how if I pedaled and turned at the same time how my toes will hit the bottom of the front fender.

IF you are taking a vote, I would vote to stretch the frame. The mock up you did in this last picture looks great with the lower frame. I also agree the bike needs to be ride able so a little rake to keep your feet off the front fender would be nice. Keep up the great work!
Thanks for the input. Sometimes a viewpoint from someone else is a huge help.

I think this helps add some balance to the bike. The fender was looking a little big with out it.
I agree that the fender looked a little big too. I think it was because of the empty space in front of the fender under the bottom tube. By adding this lower tube it definitely fills it in and makes the fender not look so big.

Just trying to get more perspective with a front fender. Yup, I'm thinking adding a lower tube then raking the forks out a little. This pic is without the forks raked so you can see how if I pedaled and turned at the same time how my toes will hit the bottom of the front fender.

Stretch that added lower tube back to the fender and add a least one lower mounting plate to help attach the fender, have the curve of the rear-most tube follow the curve of the fender.

The tube does follow the shape of the fender. Also, I don't need to attach the fender in any extra places It has 4 mounts inside the fender that bolts to the frame along with the fender being molded to the frame. It will be plenty strong.

You Kwazy Wratter!!! Like ya Buildin'!! Peace

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

Thanks Jake. I've been out of action this week with a back injury. Starting to feel better, hopefully I'll be back at it this weekend.

OK, in order for me to mount the rear fender I need to know how high or low the frame is going to sit. I did some mock ups with two different springers. I actually like how low the front sits with the lowrider springer but now I need to lower the rear. No problem, I have plenty of room.

Oh yeah, I'll also need to get shorter cranks or the pedals are going to hit the ground. And, I'm not trying to build a burrito.

This is a visual mock up I did for myself so I can see how far forward the lowrider springer pushed the front fender ahead. Perfect, now when I pedal my toes wont hit the fender.

My inspirations are from the 50's and 60's hot rods so even after I lower the rear another 3 inches I want the frame to have a slight rake to it. The front will still be about one inch lower than the rear.

BikesMockup2_zpsbc2fbe7c.jpg

All tho the lower fork looks slightly better , it wont ride as great as the straight fork , i ridden a lowlow with this kind of low fork and i just plain hatted the feeling ... just saying...

All tho the lower fork looks slightly better , it wont ride as great as the straight fork , i ridden a lowlow with this kind of low fork and i just plain hatted the feeling ... just saying...

Sometimes you have to be uncomfortable to look this cool.:cool2:
And yes, the trail is way off with the lowrider forks but I'm not going 20mph so it'll be good.

Back