Agent Orange

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have to admit, the bike looks good to me either way. One of my daily riders is a 1940 Meade Cycle with the lowrider fork and it rides great. I ride it on one of our 18 mile rides we do down at the river park and does fine. I found the trick for me was using BMX straight bars for steering. Lov'n the bike in TN.

I have to admit, the bike looks good to me either way. One of my daily riders is a 1940 Meade Cycle with the lowrider fork and it rides great. I ride it on one of our 18 mile rides we do down at the river park and does fine. I found the trick for me was using BMX straight bars for steering. Lov'n the bike in TN.
Thanks dorr. I've decided on using the lowrider springer. It has the look I'm going for plus I thought the bike sat too high anyway. I'll be lowering the rear about 3 inches and I have to pick up some shorter cranks too. I'm getting excited to make this a roller to test it out before I paint it. Is that bike in your avitar yours? If so, were can I check out pix of it? That bike is sweet!

I'm just waiting on parts right now. Ugh!! I have so much to do but I can't mount the rear fender until I get the rear tire, I can't finish the front fender until the forks show up, I'm borrowing the lowrider forks from cherrydeuce right now, plus I'm having a hard time finding a set of shorter cranks. Remember, my bike shops in town suck so I need to order everything off the internet. I did find some cool pedals from porkchopbmx.com. That's a plus!! OK, I'll quite crying and get back the building.

I'm going to start frenching the '59 caddi tail light this weekend and the tank should be done too. I'm planning on an all nighter tonight and maybe tomorrow just to make up lost time. I know we have 50 days left but I think I'm going to need them all. Here's my workshop motivation I'm listening to.

Thanks for the comment on my bike. I posted the build several years back on the forum. If you go to builds and type in Tubcycle, I believe you can still see the build. Looking forward to seeing yours done, it quickly coming one of my favorite all time bikes and yes Brian Setzer is always a good tune. I have been on youtube and listened to his concerts before and he is great live.

Thanks dorr. I just checked out your build on tubcycle. Holy Crap!! I love that bike! It seems like you guys in Tennessee have a lot of bike shows. I'm going to have to make it up there some time. What show would you recommend me coming to?

Got home yesterday to a nice surprise from porkchopbmx.com These pedals are perfect! Now I'm waiting on my set of cranks and a 24" rear tire. I should be able to start mounting the rear fender as soon as that tire gets here. That is what's been holding me up on this build. Anyway it looks like the next few weeks will be pretty busy.

I've had this sprocket for a few years, never opened it yet. I decided since Agent Orange is being inspired by hot rods, what says hot rod better than Moon Eyes?!

I needed to lower the rear about three inches so I cheated by just moving the dropouts up 2 inches, and by adding a lower profile rear tire, instead of that huge 3 inch fatty, I'll get another inch lower.

Thanks for your comments. Coming from a builder like you it is a true compliment and thanks! Of course I would have to recommend the show we put on in Cleveland TN "GET-A-GRIP always the fourth Saturday of March. Of course I can not take all the fame, for Smoopy's Show in Murfreesboro is a good one and the one that got me started.

Here is what I did with the drop outs. I left the old ones just incase I ever decide to go back to original. The rear is completely covered by the fender so you won't see this anyway.

This is how high the rear normally sits, with the fat tire not the one I'm using.

After I lowered it 2 inches, and again, without the correct tire yet so the rear will be another inch lower. I am trying to keep the rear raked about one inch higher than the front for that hot rod look.

Thanks for your comments. Coming from a builder like you it is a true compliment and thanks! Of course I would have to recommend the show we put on in Cleveland TN "GET-A-GRIP always the fourth Saturday of March. Of course I can not take all the fame, for Smoopy's Show in Murfreesboro is a good one and the one that got me started.
How is the swap meet portion of the show? Down here on the Gulf Coast, no one puts on swap meets of any kind. And the ones we do have are more like crappy flea markets of junk that should just be thrown away. Not swap meet goodies.

How is your lower chainline with the new drops?

Back