Aluminum Winter: Full Tilt Sunset

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Aluminum Winter: At the beach, again

Hey EndlessChain, You are so right! Thanks!

Glad the useless lifeguard stand gave you a good laugh Randy :D
It's kinda a running joke...

6 month's after I met my Wife (not yet at that time), I convinced her to go for her first snow ride New Years Day 2007
Had to buy new tires for her bike and she got matching snow pants and hat, we both were happy :D
She did great and we had to take some goofy pictures on the south end of Lake Calhoun

IMG_0401.jpg

IMG_0400.jpg

IMG_0396.jpg

IMG_0392.jpg

After that type of a date, she still married me :lol:

Fast Forward to last Saturday and I just had to make a new shot on Lake Nokomis
IMG_9437.jpg

And one more post until I can get out riding again
IMG_9429.jpg

We got 9.5" of new snow this week and the streets are really messy and now rain is coming on Saturday :?

Thanks for looking
Steve

LukeTheJoker said:
That is a cool date in my book! 8)
Positively cold actually, I mean, look, there is snow on the ground! Luke.
Thanks Man! That's funny, Luke. Yeah a snow biking date, and it worked! :shock: :lol:

Had to get out tonight. It's 38F for the first time and a long time, it was mostly sunny too
I needed a Full Tilt Ride to really push myself, Did my River 8 miler and rode as hard as I could

The roads weren't as bad today but that's going to change when the snow really starts melting
Lots of sand and puddles but still able to take a no-handed action shot
IMG_9574.jpg

It was great to get going and keep going :D
Know I'm pushing the knobby tires so they may get swapped out this weekend (along with a smaller rear gear)
Had to stop (only once) and take a shot on Franklin Ave bridge and the sunset started shining off the bike
So if you look to the left, that was where I was 2 weeks ago (St. Paul river flats)
On the right is the Mpls side where i was riding ON the river
IMG_9577.jpg

On the way back, I was going towards the west and I started seeing the sunset in the puddles
The water was slinging everywhere and I didn't care because I already worked up a sweat
Was able to wear no hat for the first time in several months and it was awesome!
Got ready for this action shot and it kinda came out, sorry about it being blurry but it was at ~15 mph
IMG_9578.jpg

Got incredibly soaked barreling through that puddle and it was fun (this close to home :lol:)

Tomorrow we are supposed to get a .5" of rain and then 2" of snow, so don't think I get out
Spring is getting closer if I can get a Full Tilt Sunset ride in again

Thanks for Looking
Steve

Back