Anything goes "Muscle-Bike-Build-Off 01"

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Anything goes "Muscle-Bike-Build-Off" Build thread.

NP Luke... If the metal arrives today, I'll be able to continue. I will probably have to make some time constraint decisions over the next few days, school, finding work, the chopper build, muscle bike build, study, house cleaning... to many things going on!

Anytime Im out in the garage playing around with stuff, whether wood, fabric or metal... I'm having fun :) Just hangin out with a drink and a cigar ain't bad either :)

Rich

lookin' good!!!

Alright! Throwing my hat in the ring! Some of you have seen this frame I've been mucking around with on Instagram. It's a ladies Higgins sexchange with a little something special. I'm planning on going a bit Fink style with this one.
IMG_3178.jpg

Sadly I didn't take many pictures when I first bought it.
IMG_3193.jpg

IMG_3632.jpg

IMG_3634.jpg

cool build...
wasn't this supposed to be a freash build for the competition?

Rich

RichL said:
cool build...
wasn't this supposed to be a freash build for the competition?

Rich

I actually started this about the same time the build off began, just got to the game late. The actual metal work took place well within the start. I hope that's ok.

Also thanks for the compliments guys!

Not actually sure if it was ever specified that it had to be a new build or not, have to ask Jake...
If it was started after the 26th Jan, I cant see a problem either way, we just have to take Terrys word for it... Does everyone agree? :?:

Luke.

Here's a little idea of the direction I'm heading in. Also my HORRIBLE application of Little Daddy Roth metal flake from last night (which will soon be undone.) I pilfered the fork from my flightliner and threw on the stingray 24 to get a feel. Hoping to make a silly huge shifter for the nexus as well.

photo.jpg

LukeTheJoker said:
Tried out an idea for the front rim today, not sure how well it worked or even if I like it yet but thought I would share...

DSC00243 by LukeTheJoker, on Flickr

It is basically sections of one rim reshaped and welded inside the other, I welded slowly and moved around a lot to try and minimise warping and it seems pretty good but I will know more once I build a hub and give it a spin.
Used a piece of seat tube to allow access to the valve through the second rim.

DSC00246 by LukeTheJoker, on Flickr

The rim is pretty rough due to all the welding, if it does get used I think "hammered finish" paint might be in order... :wink:

Also got the rear dropouts made and fitted, pretty happy with them!

DSC00240 by LukeTheJoker, on Flickr

So this is the frame as it sits with 3 weeks and 6 days to go.

DSC00241 by LukeTheJoker, on Flickr

Looking forward to updates from you guys, really looking forward to seeing your plans come together! 8)

Luke.
hey luke, whats your toptube length? i may have to re do mine :/
cheers,
Jake

oleskool said:
hey luke, whats your toptube length? i may have to re do mine :/
cheers,
Jake

My top tube from the seat post to where the headtube will be is 600mm (24inchs) in reality it is probably a bit short for me, but I plan to run my banana seat as high and far back as possible and have a stem that moves the bars a fair way forward.
What length did you end up with?

Luke.

Just had a thought, from memory your bike has 2 top tubes, one above the other? Do you have some other tube you could use instead of one and use it to extend the other? It might look good with a smaller "top" top tube and a bigger "bottom" top tube... :?:

Luke.

what i've got too :/ not sure on this one....

aa_zps3efe2103.jpg

aa_zps563cac84.jpg

sits a bit high for my liking .. should be ok though..
sorry for no update in a while i have been busy with this recently for my dad....
to ride at a custom bicycle show in a few months.....

aa_zps805264b3.jpg

aa_zps6ea95952.jpg

aa_zpsc174fa56.jpg

he seems happy with it :)
cheers,
Jake

Diggin that frame layout Jake! Looks like a sweet wheelie machine!

I actually kind off like it that length, looks cool! And with a banana seat over the back wheel, as BFC (BigFatCat :wink: )said wheelie machine!
Are you still thinking of running the 12inch front wheel?

Nice work on the bike for your dad.

Luke.

Back