@~"\@ At@mic Snake @~"\@ Finished...For now

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
38   0   1
Just a mock up of my latest creation. LWB Shelby frame with EvansAction fork. Shelby 52A Fenders rear to be bobbed.

Shelb1.jpg

Shelb2.jpg

Shelb3.jpg

Shelb4.jpg

Shelb5.jpg

Shelb6.jpg

Re: @~"\@ At@mic Snake @~"\@

Hi all that looks like a very cool project,Joe sorry I did not see you at Jim's show I am starting to look for all kinds of old bikes now for my projects talk to you later.
peace,
justdave

Sweet start, love the swoop on the ducktail in the rear. I saw a Harley this past weekend that had it's tail light mounted inside the swoop on it's ducktail. That might look cool on this bike (sorry no pics).

Build on!
Dr. T

So Joe, how many nights have you woken up with another idea running through your head of what you'll put on the little bracket of that amazingly unique front fork?!?! I can't wait to see it.

another awesome set of parts joe! :mrgreen: cant wait for this one to go together.that lwb frame looks so.......comfortable! :D

Re: @~"\@ At@mic Snake @~"\@ Update 9/8 Wed.

Got a heady idea as I stared at the fender in place, getting ready to hack off the bottom about keeping the fender wrap under as far as I could. An hour with a Dremel and some carefully measured lines and this is the result.

Fbob1.jpg

Fbob2.jpg

Fbob3.jpg

Joe, that's a Colson. As far as I know, they were the only ones to make a lwb version of a parallel bar frame. Here's mine:
CRIM0001-2.jpg

The blue frame is stamped F7 (1937) near the serial on the BB, the rusty one is K9 (1939). -Adam

I would liek to see how your stamping is done. Mine says 8707 I (letter i) then underneath it in a smaller font is stamped 790. What do you make of that serial?

Joe

Rustinkerer said:
Joe, that's a Colson. As far as I know, they were the only ones to make a lwb version of a parallel bar frame. Here's mine:
CRIM0001-2.jpg

The blue frame is stamped F7 (1937) near the serial on the BB, the rusty one is K9 (1939). -Adam

wake up and find your camera joe! :lol: you cant leave us hanging with a build like this! :wink:

It is coming along. I have the frame half stripped. BOught some bad ... tires at teh Trexlertown show. Spent about an hour looking for the right wheels online and think I am going to buy a Felt girls cruiser and rob the wheels from it then part out the bike. THis will be my last build for a while so I want to do it up right. The winter is long and I have lots of upgrades around the house that will take up my time. So I need to have this one done before the snow flies! I will get a few pic of its present state as well.

Forgot to mention that this thing is getting a Nexus 8 speed and I hope to run the cables thru the frame. I want to go with a modern/retro chain ring, but so far I have not found any that I like. GOt any suggestions?

Joe

Re: @~"\@ At@mic Snake @~"\@ Update 10/6 Wed.

Got a little done with the frame and uncovered a broken braze. SInce this will be my penultimate "Hot Rod" build I am pulling out all stops with integrating new and old and the plan is to make this run and function as good as it looks. Plans are for a Nexus 8 speed, possibly a Black Nexus Shimano Alfine hub - if I can afford it. The Nuvinci was too bulky so scrapped it. The tires were a gift from the Trexlertown show. They are the closest thing you can get to a true Slick tire, think GP motorcycle, not 50's drag slick. Plans are for a set of creme powdercoated rims from a Felt girls bike, yup gotta buy the whole bike just for the wheels and then part out the rest. I have the crank and sprocket for it, but that stays a secret for now.

Frame1.jpg

Frame2.jpg

Frame3.jpg

Frame4.jpg

Re: @~"\@ At@mic Snake @~"\@ Update 10/6 Wed.

Looks good Joe I don't know how I missed you at Trexlertown I was there at 530 anyway talk to you next time.
peace,
justdave

Re: @~"\@ At@mic Snake @~"\@ Update 11/24 Wed.

Finally got the braze fixed and mocked up the rear triangle spacing. Still no wheels, but the hub and spokes will be used from the wheel in the frame.

ASFix1.jpg

ASFix2.jpg

Re: @~"\@ At@mic Snake @~"\@ Update 11/24 Wed.

:shock: :shock: :shock:
I really love the lines on this bike, you´re doing a fantastic job.
Are those tires from heaven? :shock: They´re so beautiful it makes me wanna :cry:

Re: @~"\@ At@mic Snake @~"\@ Update 11/26 Fri.

Spent a good part of the afternoon stringing up the wheel to the hub. Need to final true the rim, but it is close enough for mock up. I really like the creme with black pinstripe wheel with the Bontrager creme colored graphics on the tire. I originally wanted to go wider with the wheel, but I guess I got a little impatient trying to find a set i liked and since Felt doesn't make the women's Sunliner with the creme colored Felt wheels anymore I decided just to go forward with the Schwinn S2. Now I need to find a matching front wheel.

Joe

ASRear1.jpg

ASRear2.jpg

ASRear3.jpg

Back