@~"\@ At@mic Snake @~"\@ Finished...For now

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: @~"\@ At@mic Snake @~"\@ Update 11/227 Early AM Sat.

Building a custom bike is never without its challenges. Trying to put parts together that did not leave the factory as such is like going 15 rounds with Muhamad Ali. My first choice for a sprocket did not work with the chainguard - and that was before I even tried to mount the chainguard. Two sprockets later I had to take this one off a bike that I will eventually paprt out anyway, but it was at the back of the heard so i had to play valet and move bikes around to get to it, UGH! Get the sprocket on the crank, mount the crank and the driveline doesn't line up. Shim the sprocket. Still not good enough. Swap out the rear sprocket for a less offset one. Still not right so I flip it over. As good as that will get. Try to fin a chain for a 56 tooth front sprocket and a 22 tooth rear and BOING! Everything is too short. So i make one but the length is too long to keep the axle at the end of the drop out so I take out the two links and then the chain rubs the fender on the top AND the bottom. That will get fixed tomorrow!!! For now this is it. HOpe you like my choices for sprocket and guard.

Joe

ASsprock1.jpg

ASsprock2.jpg

Re: @~"\@ At@mic Snake @~"\@ Update 11/27 Early AM Sat.

Great job Joe :wink:

All the hard work is payin off !

I like the chainguard/sprocket combo...the hole theme is really nice.

"Holey Colson, Yesman!"
OK, so I butchered a Batman and Robin quote, but you get my drift! Very cool, Joe. Can't wait to see more.
---Pudge

yeshoney said:
. . . Hope you like my choices for sprocket and guard.
Joe
ASsprock2.jpg

yeshoney said:
. Try to fin a chain for a 56 tooth front sprocket and a 22 tooth rear and BOING! Everything is too short. So i make one but the length is too long to keep the axle at the end of the drop out so I take out the two links and then the chain rubs the fender on the top AND the bottom.
Sounds like a job for a half-link. :|

looking good Joe

Hey everyone! Thanks for the kudos. I am attaching a design I had commissioned for a head tube badge and a seat tube badge. What do you think of these designs?

AtomicSnakejpg.jpg

Re: @~"\@ At@mic Snake @~"\@ Update 12/1 Badge Art Opinion

nice.. but I would have picked a cobra. or turn this one into a rattlesnake

Re: @~"\@ At@mic Snake @~"\@ Update 12/1 Badge Art Opinion

WOW, those are beautiful badges!
Are you making those in brass? That would look killer!!

Back