Auction Bikes and Tractor show bike

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well, picked up a few more bikes recently. One from a tractor show I exhibit stuff at and then 2 more at an auction.

The one from the show is a 5 speed Schwinn with a interesting paint job on it. Whoever did it did a nice job. Got it free! This one I might keep as a rider. Has S-5 S-6 Rims. Those bad?

And the two from the auction are interesting. One is a sears free spirit 3 speed with a banana seat and ape hangers. Rides nice except that banana seat is hard on the back side. :lol: The other is a Raleigh 10 speed cruiser thrown together with some schwinn parts too. Paid $12 each for them. Had to battle a guy up from $5, finally broke at $12, haha I win!

The Raleigh will be parted out, Sears might too so I can use the parts to finish my chopper bike.

IMG_0644-1.jpg

IMG_0646.jpg

IMG_0647.jpg

IMG_0649-1.jpg

IMG_0526704x528.jpg

I hadn't been a fan of skinny tires until I fixed up a Collegate for a friend. After that I got a Deluxe Racer and I love it. S5s have a raised center where the spoke holes are while the S6s are flatter across the inner surface of the rims. The only down side to them is the limited tire selection. Nice finds!

Nice finds. I have more skinny tire rides than ballooners just due to the lack of availibilty around where I live. I have learned to love them. Pretty simple to work on and the challenge of making them look rat is rewarding. Nice bikes. Good bidding on the two. Love the paint on the schwinn.

Latest posts

Back