Back in Black is back - 7/28 DONE!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got the fork as straight as its going to get, so I threw the bike together to see how it rides. You can sort of see the color scheme I was going with in the build off. The frame will be black, the tank will be cream with graphics im designing, fenders will be black with cream and red pinstripes, chainguard will be cream with black and red pinstripes, rims will be cream with black pinstripes. I will also be getting a pair of brick red tires for it as well. I threw on a couple of nos delta lights that I got in a box of free stuff, even though there not era correct, still debating if I like them. Kinda makes the bike look like a police bike because of the colors. Let me know what you guys think.

original build thread: viewtopic.php?f=24&t=7557

0922081540-00.jpg

0922081540-01.jpg

0922081540-02.jpg

Re: Back in Black is Back

kool, maybe some more color,lol. nice ride, will look great

Outlaw 8)

This build will continue the first day its warm enough to paint. Its been sitting around unfinished and unridable for way to long. Changed up the color scheme a little, check out my quick photoshop. Still havent decided on tank graphics yet. What do you guys think?

hiawatha.jpg

Those forks sure ride good. Its amazing because there is very little travel room on them. I always felt like they were right next to the Schwinn springer for functionality.
should turn out nice.

it looks good and the red pedals will help it *disclaimer:now this part is just my opinion and take it or leave it ...:wink: *
id paint the tank black and have something to break it up thats the same color as the stripes....

Bike looks good,pedals and tires will set it off.I like the lights just not on that bike(my opinion only tho)lol

I agree about the tank,thats why I left it blank. I did 2 other versions,1 with a black tank and 1 with half black/half cream. My photoshopping didnt look good thats why I only uploaded the one. I need to design the tank still, it will definitely be black w/ cream and or graphics. Thanks for all the feedback

Also, those lights arent staying, thats why I photoshopped them out of the pic.

dude, my Hiawatha is gonna look A LOT like your photoshopped pic when Im done. Have you been reading my mind?

PC070624.jpg

ratina said:
manida said:
dude, my Hiawatha is gonna look A LOT like your photoshopped pic

Great minds think alike!

Looks like you have a nice start there

That's cause that's how they're supposed to look. :wink:

hmmm......
id probably go with black being the main color of the tank with the off white as a center color then letter the inside with black......or just do black with off white stripes around the center section

Well, after 2.5 years, shes ridable! Shes gonna be a rat for a while. Stole the rims from a ladies cwc I have (and trued them), put the original sprocket back on, re-tapped the right side crank arm so a pedal will screw in, put the correct chain on, found some black grips, swapped the fork for a straight one, added some nos looking brown pedals (didnt have black, they do match the seat nice though, and some black grips.

She rides GREAT!!

Keep in mind shes a rat, I used the little black paint I had left to paint the fenders and guard, there not covered that well. Hit the tank with some red, and it almost looks like how it was originally ( not on purpose) and gave it some sharpie pinstripes. I need to rebuild the rear hub as the brake doesnt really work, but other than that shes done for now.

cw1.jpg

cw2.jpg

cw3.jpg

Re: Back in Black is Back - 5/12 - its alive!

petersen_museum said:
that is sweet!! great colors. what year is that. try out paint makers too. sharpies wear out quick.

Thanks!

As far as the year, I just send Phil (rms37) the serial number, so I'll post it as soon as I know.

I'm sure I have a couple paint markers laying around, I just grabbed the sharpie because it was closest to me

Back