Bare Metal Electra

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm eager to see how this build turns out, I just traded for an Electra Ratrod today (same frame geometry) and have entertained some thoughts of going bare metal with it as well. The front rack looks great.

Couldn't help myself, had to go out to the garage and do a quick mock up with a spare fork (which is the wrong size) to get an idea of how she will look.
1_zps5srpl1va.jpg
perfect ! flow nicely with the downtube :thumbsup:

Couldn't help myself, had to go out to the garage and do a quick mock up with a spare fork (which is the wrong size) to get an idea of how she will look.
1_zps5srpl1va.jpg

And some pics from today's ride, this is the Blue Mountains, about 2 hours west of the Sydney CBD. Just enough snow to cover the ground, most of it had melted by mid day.
3_zpspegq4wxq.jpg

1_zpse5qaqawe.jpg

4_zpsxqi5pf9r.jpg
I like the new changes you're doing on the bike. And these pictures make me want to visit Australia!!!

Thanks everyone! :) Called the bike shop again, fork still hasn't come in yet. Away playing with old cars with mates this weekend, so no updates till next week.

Yes, the riding we have in and around Sydney is pretty awesome - you're welcome to visit any time Bike Bum & Oddjob! My mountain bike is a Giant Yukon, and my mate's is a Specialized that he borrowed off a family member. I also have a mid 90s Giant Atx830 hardtail that I got brand new as a teenager, which I've converted into a singlespeed.

This is the ride I did last Friday after dropping my wife off at the airport to see interstate relatives, before I chucked the bike in the car and picked up the rack for my build off bike. These first shots are the next harbour down from Sydney Harbour.
1_zps1iv7flyr.jpg

3_zpsz5iah1kn.jpg

And this shot is from a ride along a bay in one of the rivers that feeds into Sydney Harbour.
10_zpswayor74x.jpg

And the local government in the heart of the Sydney CBD has spent a lot of money in the last 5 years or so investing in dedicated cycleways. Hoping to get out for an explore when my build off bike is back together :thumbsup:
kent-st-cityofsyd.web_.jpg

Mixing colors is good...have several Electra bikes.
a1e4cb0f640d0781bbd215e57afd715a.jpg

I'm not trying to high jack your thread but here is a Stock Electra Delivery, frame is similar but different.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So after weeks of waiting for my new forks, it turns out there was an issue with the order itself. The bike shop sorted it out and got them in. And today while the wife and I were having a cruisey day taking some much needed leave, I found an old alloy bullet bike light in an antique store - just the thing to mount on the mounting tab of the rack arms. Overall it's in good condition, just needs a clean up - particularly cleaning the paint (or whatever it is) off the lense.

1_zpsnhxk7wq1.jpg

2_zpsigakdxsj.jpg

And mounted on the rack, mocked up with the new forks.
3_zps9fs7vaaq.jpg

4_zps4u1pgnml.jpg

And thought I'd share this Aussie cake we had this afternoon on our travels - the humble Aussie lamington. White sponge, rolled in chocolate icing, and then coconut.
5_zpsrxrq3huv.jpg

The bike and the cake look tasty.

Wow! This went from 'slow to SHOW' in one post! Great seat, grip, tire selection. Really shows off your frame and components well! Watching to see your tankification results...:thumbsup:

Oh wow!! I agree with Brett.
This is one classy looking ride!!!

Latest posts

Back