Bikes At Wichita Starbird Show (Photos & Video Added)

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Bikes At Wichita Starbird Show

Hmmm, well I know that solvent you use to put the PVC together will work to take the printing off of the tubing because thats what always seems to happen when glueing the stuff together.

Here's a shot of one of my stands I just got finished with, I made them heavy enough so I can stretch it out to 10' between stands (using bicycle chain) So far Ive got three of them built, one more to go!

stand.jpg

MazdaFlyer said:
Ratfink1962 said:
I bet lacquer thinner would do it, or maybe even nail polish remover since its a solvent.
Tried lacquer thinner to remove the printing, slowly works to an extent, but leave a ghost.
Got out my Krylon Fusion paint...the printing on the tubes then bleed on the ones I hadn't tried to clean with lacquer thinner. So if anyone else tries this, clean the printing off as best you can with lacquer thinner or something prior to trying to apply paint. Or just go with the industrial look...

Ratfink1962 said:
Thanks man :wink: but its just a bunch of junk welded together 8)
Looks good, maybe more creative than the car guys. They use a lot of theatrical type stanchions and PVC.

Anyone know what the deadline for entry is??? You know me, late for everything! :lol:

You guys are so creative! I think I'm just gonna bring a lawnchair & shotgun to guard mine! :lol: :lol: :mrgreen:

Spent a little time polishing & spit shining the old higgins for the upcoming show! :lol: :lol: :lol: Now all I need is to put on the pedals & a chain & some air in the tires & I'm good to go! :mrgreen:
show003.jpg

Well... Got into work today and was told that I am working Saturdays and Sundays untill further notice... 10 hours a day, 7 days a week... So... I am out... :( I will have just enough time and energy to visit Saturday afternoon.... and look at everyones cool creations... Take some pictures ... then its back to work again.... Sometimes I wish the economy was a little worse so I could play more.... :|

Back