*** Blue Arrow & Minnehaha >>>>>>>>>>DONE

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Great progress since I last checked in:eek::cool::D. Oh yeah, sorry about the pain part, but it seems like you have parts coming in and a good "pain reliever" LOL. Keep up the good work

Great progress since I last checked in:eek::cool::D. Oh yeah, sorry about the pain part, but it seems like you have parts coming in and a good "pain reliever" LOL. Keep up the good work
The parts keep me smilin:grin:.The pain reliever is only good if you keep pouring them down:39:.Not much of a drinker 2-3 beers from time to time is OK...:thumbsup:
Thanx "MplsCoaster

Love watching this build. A lot going on here and its all cool and interesting.
I'm building this one like a:
upload_2014-7-8_8-28-21.jpeg

Just scored the perfect headbadge for BAM.
I hope it arrives in time...
What do you think guys? pretty :cool2: Huh.
$(KGrHqMOKpwE6VoeeiU4BOpEIJrzj!~~60_57.JPG

I like that MAD Indian badge a lot.
It looks much cooler than this one.
mad121.jpg

I went scouting for a light,and came across this solar powered one...
CAM00673.jpg
It fits just right inside the fork tube...
I was going to use the tube to mount the sidecar to the bike,but now I don't need to because I can mount direct to the chassis...
CAM00670.jpg

I will cut it back halfway.

Did a few things today,but no pics...
I cut and welded the handle bars.
Sandblasted, the finished 1 rim,so that the original color would come threw.Varnished it.
Started painting the sidecar rim.
Painted and rusted the chassis and the interior of the sidecar.
Welded the rings to hold the tank on into shape and painted...
Just a few small bits....

That light is cool!

Luke.
It changes color,red/blue/purple/green/yellow..
Just a cheapo doodad,also acts like a safety light on the sidecar.

I really love that light... looks very Jules Verne-ish to me. I actually like how it is stuck out like that but I suppose shortening it back will put the light beneath Minnehaha and light it up.

By the way... Minnehaha was my sister's nickname. She passed away back in 2002... so I think of her every time I view your build thread.

It is also the name of a short bush walk near Fox Glacier down on the West Coast of the South Island of New Zealand...

8192645512_c21e472c96_z.jpg

So coming to your thread is really a trip down memory lane for me... thanks. :)

Glen.

I love the photo (number 14) where you show the fender mounted and there is a cat at the top of the shot playing with a bit of string or something. Looks like he/she is standing there working on a project of his/her own… "now, if I bend this at a 90 degree angle and stand it up like this, I'll have the start of my cunning invention."

Great work on the build… very inspirational :113:

You should try and get some of these…

SteelcapThong.jpg

Note: it should be "Jandals" not "Jandols". Typical Aussies… can't spell a simple word like Jandal :rolleyes:

Glen.
Steel cap thong, hold on now, there are kids reading this!

I really love that light... looks very Jules Verne-ish to me. I actually like how it is stuck out like that but I suppose shortening it back will put the light beneath Minnehaha and light it up.

By the way... Minnehaha was my sister's nickname. She passed away back in 2002... so I think of her every time I view your build thread.

It is also the name of a short bush walk near Fox Glacier down on the West Coast of the South Island of New Zealand...
8192645512_c21e472c96_z.jpg

So coming to your thread is really a trip down memory lane for me... thanks. :)

Glen.
What a wonderful name to have,it's like small- laugh.Was she named after the walk or the falls? It's hard to lose someone close to you,sorry for your loss,I'm sure you have wonderful memories...

What a wonderful name to have,it's like small- laugh.Was she named after the walk or the falls? It's hard to lose someone close to you,sorry for your loss,I'm sure you have wonderful memories...

Thanks… yes, wonderful memories. I am not sure exactly how she got that nickname. I am the youngest and it was an older brother that gave her that name. Probably because she was short and laughed a lot. The nickname got shortened over the years too. First to Minny, then just Min.

:)

Thanks… yes, wonderful memories. I am not sure exactly how she got that nickname. I am the youngest and it was an older brother that gave her that name. Probably because she was short and laughed a lot. The nickname got shortened over the years too. First to Minny, then just Min.

:)
The reason I called the sidecar Minnehaha was for that reason short and well you have to laugh at it,a short funny sidecar...also I like the way it sounds.and I loved the Disney Hiawatha cartoons...Considering I decided on the arrow theme for the bike,Minnehaha just fitted perfectly... I have tributed this build to my grandmother who passed recently,but I think the sidecar can/will be dedicated to your sister...:113:

The reason I called the sidecar Minnehaha was for that reason short and well you have to laugh at it,a short funny sidecar...also I like the way it sounds.and I loved the Disney Hiawatha cartoons...Considering I decided on the arrow theme for the bike,Minnehaha just fitted perfectly... I have tributed this build to my grandmother who passed recently,but I think the sidecar can/will be dedicated to your sister...:113:

:cry: I'm touched…

Her real name is Lynette, or Lyn… which I think is why the nickname ended up at Min…it rhymes.

Thanks for the dedication… it means a lot :angelic:

Glen.

Back