Bounce to the Ounce - FINSHED pics

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Bounce to the Ounce Update 7/2

well after a weekend full of bicycle riding,hot rods , rockabilly and a few beers .. and the weather working on my side i started to paint the monark today it actually wasnt raining and not humid i was shocked..
so im using rustoleum gloss painters spray paint stuff
did the navy blue on the inside of the fender and the off white for the scallops i took the scallop on the front fender behind where the light will go i never did like them to stop before it .

going to let the off white dry and then ill do the blue and the fender rods the off white

595929614_i9TvD-L-1.jpg

595929580_ben43-L.jpg

Re: Bounce to the Ounce Update 6/16

HotRodJen said:
my buddy made me a head badge i told him the theme and he surprised me with this
580414668_HwBbo-L.jpg

JEN! That headbadge is super-sick!! :mrgreen:

Re: Bounce to the Ounce Update 7/19

well i got the fenders painted blue with the white scallops and i did the white on the back rack and chain guard . im excited!
but this whole week i wont be home doesnt really matter b/c its going to rain all week .

how does wet sanding rattle can work out ?

Re: Bounce to the Ounce Update 11/16!!!

alrighty sorry folks for the long wait ..
car show season is finally kinda over haha got inspired this weekend talking alot of bicycle talk at bruce larson's drag fest this weekend with some friends of mine so sunday i went and got some more spray paint it was actually in the 70's .. in PA .. in the fall ? hahaha

so the fenders,backrack,tank are done except the pinstripe.
had to do the frame,rims,and fork

715372577_gE87A-L.jpg
cream top.. i did mess it up when i tried to do the blue today but ill take care of it

715360594_87Zu6-L.jpg
cream layed out

715372549_HDSWR-L.jpg
cream spokes ... teadious .. the other rim was on my schwinn so i had to take that tire off and sand down,primer etc

715375518_H8Dun-L.jpg

well i dont have a swing set... the engine hoist is blocked by my pops new toy .. the 52 chevy in the garage there . soooo i figured this out 3 saw horses and a copper pipe

715375499_JcRCo-L.jpg

715375478_XT5g9-L.jpg
blueee

since the cold weather is creeping in im going to have to head down to the basement and paint the rims there

Fireproof said:
Or have ALL your bikes blue . . . then, maybe yer ol' man will loose track of how many bikes you really have! :lol:

:) that is one good idea now only if i liked blue alot hahah .. the bikes just keep finding me left and right how can i turn them down ? i need to start stashing them at friends places

sooo ive been working like crazy at my normal job and this and that but i did get one rim all painted up spokes cream rim blue i need to clear coat it .. have the other rim just have to spokes done so far ..
annnnddd i started to pinstripe the bike fenders, chain guard and tank :) right now i just seperated the colors but the gears are grinding in my head to do more :) i mean im a pinstriper i cant just have outlining done hehe :)

im still working :) .. been doing to much swing dancing had to dance off all the turkey and taters i ate over the holidays ..
so today i came home from work and did the stripes along the fender sides. and the lettering on the chain guard and i was putting that off for awhile b/c im not a letterer and i liked how it turned out .. sorry for the cell phone pics but ill take better pics of the bike when its all done

729428887_ewX8f-L.jpg
picture of me while im working .. i usually always have to have some sort of hat on its a weird thing dont know when i started this or why but its been going on for years .. it was fedora night :)

729428898_EgGKu-L.jpg

729428903_FSu6Z-L.jpg
im thinking about ending the lines with little star things hard to explain but its a 50's thing

Back