BUILD OFF #7 DISCUSSION

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
bike2112 said:
How about a RRB BO7 Calendar and the top 12 get a month, winner on the cover and 13-52 on the back? Just a thought.

RatRod already does a calendar with winners from a photo contest, but maybe he'd be willing to give one away? :wink:

There are a few that are complete or darn close to it.
I know I ain't one of them.

26 DAYS LEFT

raggedjim said:
WHAT?!? The finished bikes thread is up? Now I really feel the heat!

All you over-acheivers who are done, get ta postin! (sorry Jake, couldn't resist) Rg
No problem. Oh crap I didn't even notice that! Put down those knitting needles boys and GTB!!!
bike2112 said:
Ok, I have an idea for prizes and for the site in general. How about RRB baseball trading cards. Bike on front and stats of the bike (frame, parts, hometown etc...) on the back. Thoughts or too silly???
This is a great idea! Like the old Rat Fink cards. Hey remember ripping them open and chewing that hard butt gum while looking at the cards! Ahh...the good old days!! :mrgreen: I'd buy a set. How about playing cards?!?

bike2112 said:
Ok, I have an idea for prizes and for the site in general. How about RRB baseball trading cards. Bike on front and stats of the bike (frame, parts, hometown etc...) on the back. Thoughts or too silly???

I'm with Jake, I like the idea!

Rg

I have a side sports photography business that specializes in youth sports team pics. I have a nice set trading cards that I carry. The only catch is that I have to order a minimum of 12 of any one photo. If we did the top ten bikes, I would have to basically order a set of 12 of each bike and then compile those into 12 sets of the top ten. I would be happy to order them for folks at my cost which is like $6-7 a set. I mean they aren’t dirt cheap, but they a nice quality front/back card. I could design the card with the RRB website theme is RatRod is cool with that.

Terry66 said:
I have a side sports photography business that specializes in youth sports team pics. I have a nice set trading cards that I carry. The only catch is that I have to order a minimum of 12 of any one photo. If we did the top ten bikes, I would have to basically order a set of 12 of each bike and then compile those into 12 sets of the top ten. I would be happy to order them for folks at my cost which is like $6-7 a set. I mean they aren’t dirt cheap, but they a nice quality front/back card. I could design the card with the RRB website theme is RatRod is cool with that.

I'm in! Actually what I mean is if you do this I will help pay for sets for the top 10 (plus a set for me) guys to get a set.

Send me your Paypal addy by pm and I'll send you $20 (if you need more let me know)

Rg

raggedjim said:
Terry66 said:

I'm in! Actually what I mean is if you do this I will help pay for sets for the top 10 (plus a set for me) guys to get a set.

Send me your Paypal addy by pm and I'll send you $20 (if you need more let me know)

Rg

Alright, let me do some leg work and see what I can work out. I think this could be REALLY cool.

25 DAYS LEFT

ONLY 4 WEEKENDS TO GO!!!! Make them count!!!

Peatbog said:
kingfish254 said:
25 DAYS LEFT

ONLY 4 WEEKENDS TO GO!!!! Make them count!!!

Don't think I'll have time this weekend. Can I get a rain-check?

Oh hush, you're pretty much done as it is!!!

Peatbog said:

Just poking atcha!

Here is a picture I forgot about from BO6

HAPPY BEER DAY EVERYONE!!!!

IMG_2230.jpg

The only thing keeping my bike from the finished forum is good photos. When I rode it last night and today the crank slipped again, my "fix" didn't fix it, so I put it in the correct position and welded the crank arm to the irreplaceable bottom bracket spindle. Oh wells. I also pulled the bars back to near vertical (they were leaning forward) and what a HUGE difference that made in ride-ability, one handed riding is easy. I also customized the kick stand, I hope you guys like it, because I love it.

I am a horrible person... haven't touched my BO bike in weeks... I'm so bummed! :oops:

Good news is, it's pretty much there, I just need to finish painting it and throw it together.

2 weeks left???? I'm gonna need some encouragement! :shock:

Somebody, tell me how good of a builder I am, and how I can totally make the deadline! Please!!! Gonna be a tough 2 weeks...

FunkyStickman said:
I am a horrible person... haven't touched my BO bike in weeks... I'm so bummed! :oops:

Good news is, it's pretty much there, I just need to finish painting it and throw it together.

Somebody, tell me how good of a builder I am, and how I can totally make the deadline! Please!!! Gonna be a tough 2 weeks...

You're good enough. You're smart enough. And doggone it, people like you, but that won't get your bike done! (how's that?)

You actually have 3 weeks, so it's not as bad as you thought. Get Ta Buildin!

Rg

FunkyStickman said:

I would post a Stewart Smalley photo, but we are supposed to stay away from politics and I want to keep my lunch down.

+1 on what RG said.

Plus you have more than 2 weeks. The deadline is August 6th!!!! You got 23-24 days left.

kingfish254 said:
FunkyStickman said:

I would post a Stewart Smalley photo, but we are supposed to stay away from politics and I want to keep my lunch down.

+1 on what RG said.

Plus you have more than 2 weeks. The deadline is August 6th!!!! You got 23-24 days left.

I'm not a big Franken fan...

Latest posts

Back