BUILD OFF #7 DISCUSSION

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
karfer67 said:
Some I still own like the ratty truck, Galt town Hooligan because those two gave me the build off wins they are real special to me. Pay it back was given back to the original owner and hard luck was recently sold. Oh don't forget the Higgins it's my favorite bike of all and is actually undergoing a resto back to how it was when I first built it in 06. The bikes this year are amazing what can I say and yea I'm watching just still don't have a comp so it's hard to post on here. Congratulations to you all

Karfer, it's cool that you still have all of those wicked machines.
I knew you probably lurking around somewhere. Maybe next year you'll have a PC again and will miss it so much that you join in BO8.

15 - Here are five more of the RRBBO6 finished builds we saw last year. Just some random shots for inspiration

rider.jpg

IMG_1982.jpg

DSCF1726-1.jpg

DSCF1388.jpg

026.jpg

MAN! There are SO many cool bikes in the build off this year! It seems like every time I come here I see something else that is awe inspiring.

Joker-n-Jack said:
MAN! There are SO many cool bikes in the build off this year! It seems like every time I come here I see something else that is awe inspiring.

TRUE DAT!!!

I think I enjoy the little things you see people do during the builds just as much as I do the finished product.

16 - Here are five more of the RRBBO6 finished builds we saw last year. Just some random shots for inspiration

5989374660_b532295ae7_b.jpg

DSCF3057.jpg

5858143215_49ae4c1248.jpg

finished015.jpg

100_1359.jpg

Peatbog said:
I'm ready to vote on something. Let's hope there is a little mayhem like last year; it makes things interesting!*

*Just kidding, no mayhem would be better.

NO MAYHEM and NO DRAMA. Dallas is back TV so J.R. has all that handled.

mad+magazine.jpg

Peatbog said:
Here's a couple I voted for last year:

DSCF3056.jpg

gazelle_30_b.jpg

I don't remember what the third one was. Looking over all of them again, I'm thinking I'd probably vote differently every time I look through them. But really, that pink 20" bike is so cute, how can you not vote for it?

The SaraKate looks great in person, and the Single Speed Hotrod is what inspired me to use a diamond frame this year!

Of course I still have this big fat fellow sitting around and even take it out for a ride sometimes, its almost like pedaling around on a cloud .
bridge1.jpg

17 - Here are five more of the RRBBO6 finished builds we saw last year. Just some random shots for inspiration

07.jpg

DynoStretch023.jpg

135.jpg

IMG00245-20110518-1420.jpg

wheelsdown.jpg

Well last year about 200 bikes entered and about 100 finished.

Right now we have almost 1.5 pages of Builds that are unresponsive.

Come on slackers!!!!!! Show us what you've been up to! :D :p

Peatbog said:
Need more freaky bunnies is what we need then :mrgreen:

I am putting them out there, but I refuse to double up on them. If someone doesn't reply to one, then they are on their own. I still want to know how their build is going or if it isn't going at all, but I ain't gonna waste good bunnies.

Peatbog said:
We interrupt this program for a Jenny Craig announcement:

Hey, yoothgeye, I'm down 7 pounds.

You may now return to your normally scheduled program.

I think I'm up 7 pounds... you can have it back! Seriously, I've been cutting back on snacking and meal size but working for a church I tend to get lots of free meals at weird times. Also I realized that my frequent headaches were being caused by the diet soft drinks that I drank like water, so I've been diet soft drink free for over a month now and I'm trying to get use to drinking water, but also drinking juices and such which aren't as "slimming" as my diet drinks were and I think my body is confused. :(

18 - Here are five more of the RRBBO6 finished builds we saw last year. Just some random shots for inspiration

xmas10004-1.jpg

xmas10003-1.jpg

bodfencerear.jpg

image1.jpg

P9011242.jpg

_DSC6446.jpg

Got a lot done and decided today, but the highlight of the day was meeting up with Dr. Tankenstein, his lovely wife, and cool daughter. I road Fugsley down to meet them at the Crystal Beer Parlor and they followed me back to my house to see my stable of bikes including Flex-Liner 7. Rob is a great guy and has a wonderful family. It was a pleasure to spend time with them.

Here is a photo of Rob and I with Flexy. I was sweating up a storm after huffing it back to the house on my 1 speed Fugsley

WP_002170.jpg

Great! Now I can put a real face to Doc. Have one for me guys! Hey B! Two buildoffs and two new friends! Way to go! Peace

Peatbog said:
I'm thinking I need about 30-40 votes to hand out. At least 20. Yep.

My guess for number of completed bikes entered by the deadline is 112. Winner of the pool gets...well, nothin'.

Pretty funny ain't it!!!!
We spend all of this time and effort to win a contest that has no prize other than an "atta boy/girl".
To me the prize is in the build off itself.

Jake Sensi said:
Hey B! Two buildoffs and two new friends! Way to go! Peace

Pretty cool ain't it!!!!

19 - Here are five more of the RRBBO6 finished builds we saw last year. Just some random shots for inspiration

001-6.jpg

dsc07124o.jpg

018-2.jpg

IMG_0349.jpg

RatRodBuildOff6055.jpg

bike2112 said:
gosh, love that front fender on the yellow one!!!!!!

Go look t Skipton's Thundering Yellow. It's ALL fender front and back.

Latest posts

Back