Check out my Schwinn

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't know. I like Slow & Low. Maybe 'Ooze' or 'Gooey Green'. haha Vato Verde. I don't know, I like the idea of incorporating the color though.

Schwinnray, I'm glad you approve!

So, this is just an idea right now and not really critical just yet. Although, I really think it'd be awesome.
I'm thinking if I could kick back my rear wheel 2 inches, I would be able to fit a 29" wheel on the back. So, I thought maybe I could get a couple pieces of aluminum and shape them to what I've so very roughly mocked up below. Only problem: I don't know how to cut up flat bar stock of aluminum. I have access to a drill press but that only takes care of one hole. And I want to go with something like 140 spokes so I'd have to try to find a 29" rim with enough holes for it, then spoke it myself. Also a first for me. Any ideas or structural stuff I may have missed? I value your opinions, thanks guys.

6084365339_6ea3da3168_b.jpg

and yes, this bike lives in my kitchen.

i dont think aluminum will do it. draw your spacer to scale and take it to a metal shop, they'll cut it up for you. but it will look nicer if just cut the rear dropouts and weld up new ones like the one used in motorcycles

get your vote in
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=44755

I thought about welding also. I don't know how to, but after explaining what I had in mind to a buddy at work, he said the same as you and assured me it wouldn't be hard. So, that may be the plan. Thanks, axsepul!

Back