Countdown to RRBBO-9! ...START!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
four days to go and I have a parts pile, (well, maybe a variable pile;)) a frame, and a possible concept!!!!!!! plus the theme song :rockout: what else could I need? uhm LOL:grin: anyone else as excited?:banana::113:

Troy

You need to buy the RRB calendar!!! :grin:
If you start in 4 days, you'll be DQ'ed! :banana:

;)
I'm guesstimating around the same as the last build-off's...Many enter,but not all finish....:rofl:
200 enter only one (hundred) leave...

RM, I'm sure I'm not alone when I say you should probably skip this BO. Take a break. You've done some great work lately. You deserve it. ahem
I think they are worried about competing with you RM... The bike you did last year was awesome and is the favourite of many of my extended family in their calendars...

Luke.

Hard to say with the rules change we could very well have a huge blow out of entries, but I doubt it will be less.
So there is a new set of rules???

So there is a new set of rules???

New rules:

1. Cannot have started build before May 1st.
2. You can only enter one bike in the build off (can change bikes once if needed)
3. Start a new post and use the bike name as the post "Subject/Title." Keep a running journal in your thread about your build.
4. Must include before, progress, and finished photos (all in one thread please)
5. Bike must be rideable

So basically it would just be a big wide open anything goes competition and we'd vote as usual for the top three bikes. We saw from last year that while the division between traditional and anything goes was helpful, in the end, the traditional builds still dominated the competition.

http://www.ratrodbikes.com/forum/index.php?threads/build-off-9-rules-experiment.82685/

Luke.

;)
200 enter only one (hundred) leave...

I think they are worried about competing with you RM... The bike you did last year was awesome and is the favourite of many of my extended family in their calendars...

Luke.
so true!!!!!

I think the biggest stress has been eliminated ,other than time frame..the lack of rules will open up some creativity, I know there is better builders than me but I will have fun , Like I do every year I think this is my fifth or sixth B/O . Lets have sum fun!!!!!

I think this is my fifth or sixth B/O . Lets have sum fun!!!!!

It's really hard not to have fun during the madness of the build off!!!
I wonder who has been in the most build offs? I'm still a rookie, this is just my 4th BO.
I think Smoopy has been in most, if not all, of them.

Here is a question for everyone.
HOW MANY BUILD OFFS HAVE YOU BEEN IN????

MACH_5_Graphic_by_Jerome_K_Moore.jpg

This will be my third and final BO experience for awhile. Other matters of great financial importance will take prescience for a few years. BUT.....I'll still play along in the other fun with the rest of ya! Just no more big builds for awhile.

How many of the Aussie lads a looking at taking part in the build off this year. Might have to look at pushing my dirty denim build to the back of the shed and try have a go at my first ever build off

If it can rust let it

Last edited:
This will be my third and final BO experience for awhile. Other matters of great financial importance will take prescience for a few years. BUT.....I'll still play along in the other fun with the rest of ya! Just no more big builds for awhile.

Three and out for me, too. Different priorities for my time space and money. Gonna build this one and let it age. Love this forum, though.

Last edited:
How many of the Aussie lads a looking at taking part in the build off this year. Might have to look at pushing my dirty denim build to the back of the shed and try have a go at my first ever build off

If it can rust let it
I am in for my second big build-off, 5th build-off in a row though if you included MBBO's and the Winter build... Pretty sure @bean from Rockhampton and @Pushie Pirate from Lord Howe Island is in, so that is at least 4 with you... @Funkme is an Aussie too, but living in Greece, not sure if she counts...

Luke.

Sweet Ima do my best I know it was mentioned before that stupid questions are allowed but will be ignored so hopefully this is not ignored Hahah. We're exactly do we post our build progress

If it can rust let it

Sweet Ima do my best I know it was mentioned before that stupid questions are allowed but will be ignored so hopefully this is not ignored Hahah. We're exactly do we post our build progress

If it can rust let it
There will be a new thread group open up at the start of the build-off in the build challenges section, you start your build thread there. ;)

Check out the Ancient History part of the site to see how previous build-offs happened: http://www.ratrodbikes.com/forum/index.php?categories/ancient-history.20/

Luke.

Back