Countdown to RRBBO-9! ...START!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Does anyone plan to build any Trophies this year? I have a few ideas. I want to come up with a cool base for the "TOP BANANA" trophy.

Trophies are cool, but how about an etched plate, like a vintage license plate, to attach to the bike? "RRB BO9 Winner" etc?

Trophies are cool, but how about an etched plate, like a vintage license plate, to attach to the bike? "RRB BO9 Winner" etc?

Great idea! Are you volunteering or suggesting? ;)

Does anyone plan to build any Trophies this year? I have a few ideas. I want to come up with a cool base for the "TOP BANANA" trophy.

Since the BO will take place through many County, and some State Fairs, It should be easy to find a nice trophy topper like this:
mardi-gras-plush-bananas.jpg

I've got a bike I want to build for the BO this year, but I want to have it done for the show in mid June. I don't know if I could get it done if I start May 1st and have it rideable June 14th. I guess it can be a test of my logistical skills.....:eek::headbang:

Since the BO will take place through many County, and some State Fairs, It should be easy to find a nice trophy topper like this:
mardi-gras-plush-bananas.jpg

I already have this from a yard sale last year. Just need to find a cool way to mount it. Maybe I'll make a little sissy bar? It will go to the top vote getter that has a nanner seat.
WP_001635_zpse3771f84.jpg

Maybe I'll make a little sissy bar? It will go to the top vote getter that has a nanner seat.

Well......I guess I'll have a crack at BONINE.....bought a new bike yesterday for the frame. The cranium gears are whirring already :)
Good to hear Bean! Really looking forward to seeing it, your last build was awesome!

Luke.

Good to hear Bean! Really looking forward to seeing it, your last build was awesome!

Luke.

Thanks Luke, I picked up one of the Cyclops (Schwinn) Cruisers from Target while they were on sale. No fabricating this year, just throwing parts on the frame.

I've been busy with other stuff, and haven't been on RRB much, but decided to have a crack at BONINE to see if I can still build a bike.

Thanks Luke, I picked up one of the Cyclops (Schwinn) Cruisers from Target while they were on sale. No fabricating this year, just throwing parts on the frame.

I've been busy with other stuff, and haven't been on RRB much, but decided to have a crack at BONINE to see if I can still build a bike.
Glad you grabbed one of them, I have one sitting here too...

Luke.

I couldn't pass one up for $119........can fit some big wheels in the frame too....which is the main reason I got one ;)
Yep, plenty of scope for ratification on them...

Luke.

It's just a concept, I'm thinkin' 24" wheels with a 3" offset in a 26" frame with bent crank arms...Rear steering will be a challenge but I figure it's gotta have it so I can do that silent movie gag and pull the front handlebars off while we're ridin'...

So... all the things I've never done: lace two wheels, fab a rear steer, fab a quick release for the front handlebars. Hehe this place stretches my skills for sure...

Carl.

Last edited:
Back