Craigslist nightmares and dreams...

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
b23907b2116f627414d6cbfe56325f46.jpg

Lesson learned! I troll FB Marketplace and CL every day looking for bikes. I always use the "bicycles" category. Well today I searched "antique bicycle" and this post came up from 3 months ago. It wasn't listed in the "bicycle" category so I may have missed it. I messaged the seller, but probably too late...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

On CL, I go to antiques, then type in bikes. That's the trick I used back in Florida to find some good deals on old bikes. A lot are still ridiculous, but a few good ones show up. Now I'm scanning the Hawaii ads, but the antique section isn't turning up anything.

On CL, I go to antiques, then type in bikes. That's the trick I used back in Florida to find some good deals on old bikes. A lot are still ridiculous, but a few good ones show up. Now I'm scanning the Hawaii ads, but the antique section isn't turning up anything.
I wonder how many old bikes you'll be able to find there, alot of the bikes we all like were made before Hawaii was a state.

[QUOTE="FreddyS, post:

Did you see the Firestone Warrior on Houston CL? Posted jan 5.

Sure did! A very good price for that bike. I would be all over it if I had room for it in my garage.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I wonder how many old bikes you'll be able to find there, alot of the bikes we all like were made before Hawaii was a state.
But, it did have military bases before it was a state...so plenty of soldiers, sailors, and marines that needed cheap transpo. However, it is surrounded by evil salt water, so, the odds of surviving the decades intact enough to use might be another issue :)

Jason

Just got these and had to share. Good come up for most in here. Matching set 15mm ratching Gearwrenchs for smooth tightening and adjusting of those pesky rims.....$6.70/eBay shipped.

:rockout::banana:

Attachments

• IMG_20170108_145831.jpg
    IMG_20170108_145831.jpg
    381.3 KB · Views: 168

Attachments

• cb.jpg
    cb.jpg
    49.9 KB · Views: 175
LOL..that's gold. I like where he says...if theres any problems with the bike all you need is some duct tape and WD-40. No Problem..
AND...it seats 2
:bigsmile:
Haha yeah! Gave me a good laugh[emoji23]
You translated it?

Back