Craigslist nightmares and dreams...

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You could probably build one with an old exercise bike from the trash.
http://www.instructables.com/id/Bike-Blender/
FJN8NWNFSSIKZ1D.MEDIUM.jpg

Be the most popular at the next group ride !

(Note to self...start fabricating 'blender bike ' frames)

Start fabricating + build a competing website = profit!

So they say. I tend not to believe anything on the internet anymore. "I paid $2,000" means they think that's what some other sucker paid, while they paid $400. But they want $500, because YOU are a sucker.

I'll agree that's probably true most of the time, and thought that yesterday when rockthebike's website was returning "database error" messages.

Today, though, the site is working -- and they're (apparently) selling these things for $1,700 - 2,375 depending on features, "upgrades" and accessories. It looks like they started making "blender bikes" and branched out to include accessories for electricity generation so the bike can recharge up to 8 cell phones, create "spin art" and/or power a large JBL loudspeaker and stage lighting.

For the budget-minded people that already own a bike, though, they sell a folding rear wheel trainer with the resistance unit replaced by a dynamo for $475. All of these products seem to appeal to the promoters and attendees of green, eco-friendly events and they've got a picture of five of the "rear wheel trainers" "in use at UCLA’s Ecochella concert." :eyeroll:

I like going to Burning Man - you guys should see the bikes people fabricate there, wilder and sometimes fatter-tired than anything here!! - and I've seen all unimaginable sorts of pedal powered things.
But it's all for fun, no one thinks any of it is actually practical.

I've bought quite a few bike that came from
Burnigman, tell you what that Playa dust is
Purdy hard too get rid of !

~ Rafael ~

An ultra cool bike but that custom car builder certainly does like to get paid.

When you start out with "no one would give me what I wanted for it", I think the market is telling you something!

That is awesome! If I was a rich guy, where $2500 was like $200 to me that would be mine! Unfortunately im just a poor white boy. :D

***If anyone needs those stingrays or parts thereof, its not far from me, I could go fetch em but would expect gas and dinner to be covered :D ****

Last edited:
An ultra cool bike but that custom car builder certainly does like to get paid.
When you start out with "no one would give me what I wanted for it", I think the market is telling you something!
Yep..It's too bad the market is weak on fixed up or customizied bikes. That guy has a lot of work into it....Just like any custom builder on this site...."Man, 'wouldn't it be nice to get paid right for your skill and labor?
....most people looking on CList are looking for bottom dollar stuff...or, it's guys like us looking to pick up some decent bikes or parts bikes for short money...

I might be wrong, but $2k seems high.
Half that would still be a little high in my opinion, but assuming it all works would at least be within reason. I could be wrong as well.

Back