cranked up. (back to building)

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
After backing away from my hastily conceived engine concern post, a storm front blew a small tree out of the top of the big tree by my driveway, ripping all the wires down from my house. Now that I'm back, I've got another stick to poke with. I like to be sure people are thinking things out when they push old stuff to new performance levels, because real bloody gore is never as much fun as the Hallowe'en/Hollywood kind. There was a guy posting here last year who now has permanent metal parts holding his sternum together, because the steering head separated on his electric build. I hope that that really old, more than likely hand-brazed bike of yours, is up to the strain of extra weight and vibration.

SSG said:
Being a two stroke you can mount it however you want as long as the carb and tank are right side up. It would be cool to make a period looking motor wheel with that motor, then you could take it off easy or put it on whatever bike you want. It should also reduce the stress and vibration through the frame. http://buyvintage1.wordpress.com/page-1-1915-smith-motorwheel-iver-johnson-cycle
this would be the way to go! 8) with your skills and imagination,this could go into steampunk territory easily! :D

Back