DANG YOU STEVE!!!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You got me looking for bikes now, I'm all into cars and loving it when I meet steve and that sucker pulled me right into the ratrod bike thing! DANG YOU!

Now I'm a regular at the local resale shop, and I found this today.... "How much for the old blue bike? Uh, looks like $8. Think you can take $6 on that. Well it's a old one! If you'll take $6 I'll load it up right now! Ok, I'll take $6."

That's how the conversation went, and here it is... I see a lot of potential for this one, only thing wrong is the bent fender bracket on the rear, should be able to hammer/dolly that one out!

Anyone know the year on this sears bike?

DSC00408.jpg

Dont feel bad , he is my nephew and 15 years of streetrod talent has been reduced to building bike frames and loving it. in all thoes years I never had any project in my house. Now there are three bikes in my living room. Yeah thanks steve...ha ha

Ha Ha...Chad you're a wild man. :lol:

I'm guessing late 60s Sears bike too.

Undoubtedly made by Murray or JC Higgins.

Can't wait to see the final product.

Uncle Stretch said:
Dont feel bad , he is my nephew and 15 years of streetrod talent has been reduced to building bike frames and loving it. in all thoes years I never had any project in my house. Now there are three bikes in my living room. Yeah thanks steve...ha ha

Ha Ha...yes, I've messed everyone up I'm afraid. :lol:

Who knew we'd all be dinkin' around with old bikes one day.

I'm blaming it all on CraigsList. :shock:

Uncle Stretch said:

Maybe we should catch steve not lookin and roll him!

Any one know how big a tire I can put on that sears bike, already has 26x1 3/8.... I wanna run some wide whites!

chaddilac said:
Any one know how big a tire I can put on that sears bike, already has 26x1 3/8.... I wanna run some wide whites!

Anything wider and you will have to get new rims.

I was always told that the "26 and 1-3/8" were a special schwinn size ????? is that wrong??

musclebikes said:
I was always told that the "26 and 1-3/8" were a special schwinn size ????? is that wrong??

Schwinn had there own size and so did the English 3spds(which include this bike)

26 x 1 3/8 (S-6) 597 mm Schwinn "lightweights"
26 x 1 3/8 (E.A.3) 590 mm Most 3-speeds, department-store or juvenile 10 speeds

more here http://sheldonbrown.com/tire-sizing.html#fraction

Back