Dark Horse II...New wheels

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Dark Horse II...NOW IN COLOR!

Well I got it together and went for a short ride and these short crank arms got to go! I'll be swapping that out tomorrow after helping a friend move if I get time. Phase 2 complete.

Tomorrow we enter Phase 3: Testing, fine tuning, and wheelies!

Cool, I didn't expect anyone to be into paint already!
I remember painting a few bikes as a kid a very similar metal flake blue. Good memories.
Very cool bike!!!

Thanks guys. It's been going fast so far because I know I'm not doing any real frame mods just cleaning it up of all the little fender hangers, tabs, and junk, making it look cleaner. (I figure if I am going to be in anything goes over cutting the dropouts and steer tube I might as well cut everything else and make it as smooth as I can) If I had a welder I'd be chopping the neck, adding a bit of rake, and a 4 inch stretch to it but I'll make due... As I asked before what happens if we finish in the first week then just drink beer the rest of the time? :lol:

I still have more plans for it but waiting to sell other bikes so I have the money to get a few other odds and ends and helping a friend move so I'll be back to it hopefully late tomorrow or the next day.

bigfatcat said:
Hot dang. Too cool. I can't wait to see wheelies!
Need longer crank arms first, these short ones are hard enough just to ride with. Going to swap those out tomorrow if I get time.

Tommy Atoms said:
Dang! Do we have a record for fastest finish yet? Looks real good.

Thanks guys, I'm not finished yet just getting the big stuff done and out of the way early. :wink:

Gee your almost done... At this speed you could build 1 a week ...

Well I got absolutely nothing done on the bike today...Got to let everybody catch up... :wink:

No seriously I got to drive all 26 foot of this thing all day and load and unload it too. I am beat.

I still got it 8) , there was only 6 inches to one side and about a foot on the other. Basically thread the needle using only the mirrors.

Also stopped by the most ridiculous local landmark Kokomo has to offer. A giant bug in front of our Subway restaurant... Just think the more this thing starts to rust it's gonna look more and more like a roach.

outskirtscustoms said:
Well I got absolutely nothing done on the bike today...Got to let everybody catch up... :wink:
From someone who is yet to actually do any work... Thankyou! :mrgreen:

No seriously, very impressed with your build, loving the way it is coming out!

Luke.

Thanks I am about beat right now and I got to get up early and take the truck back and got a bike to pack up and get ready for shipping. But for right now it's Phase 4: Corona and checking out the competition's builds. :mrgreen:

Next phase: Trying my hand at pin-striping or if I can find the stuff to do it cheap enough...gold leaf. :mrgreen:

In Marietta all directions are relative to the Big Chicken. I guess in Kokomo it's "turn left at the Big Roach". Sounds like a Cheech and Chong movie.

True that kingfish.
Marietta resident here.
Most directions start with...."from the Big Chicken, you go........."
In case you aren't familiar with it, the BC is an original KFRC restaurant.

the-big-chicken.jpg

That reminds me, I could go or some KFC mashed potatoes and gravy...mmmm...

Cheers,
Dr. T

Darnit now you got me craving chicken and I'm too drunk (and tired) to drive.

Back