"DEVIANT" link to finished build on page one :-)

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hello all, your vote would be greatly appreciated!
Here is the finished build thread: viewtopic.php?f=68&t=61058
IMAG2074.jpg

IMAG2075.jpg

Hello all,

This is my first time entering a build off, so I wanted to do something a little different.
I found this ladies step thru Monarch at the Ann Arbor show and the price was right $5.00
Here are some pictures of the parts I might use. I've been staring at it for a couple of
weeks now, and did a little mock up. Some different wheel/tire combos, and a tank off of a
Schwinn American. Don't know if it will have fenders yet... hmmm...

IMAG1652.jpg

IMAG1657.jpg

IMAG1658.jpg

She's got a beauty mark...
IMAG1661.jpg

IMAG1675.jpg

IMAG1649.jpg

IMAG1679.jpg

I like this combo
IMAG1684.jpg

Or maybe these...
IMAG1704.jpg

A step beyond... :wink:
IMAG1689.jpg

Re: "DEVIANT" A step thru goes a step beyond...

YES PLEASE I think you got the tire/wheel thing right on the first shot man !!!

I've seen a few flipped frame bikes (did one myself before the build off) but that frame you have makes it just right!

Just let me add though that those tires don't fit your build... I want them!!!! (been looking for full gummies for years!)

Looks like you have a single out of place whitewall Carlisle there. I'll take that off your hands. And the bike looks sweet too. :mrgreen:

Those are some nice curves!!!
This one is gonna be fun.

CCR said:
YES PLEASE I think you got the tire/wheel thing right on the first shot man !!!
Yes, I like that tire/wheel combo the best. I'm going to wash them and shoot 'em with clear.
kingfish254 said:
Those are some nice curves!!!
This one is gonna be fun.
I've always liked curvy women :D
ruddigger said:
Looks like you have a single out of place whitewall Carlisle there. I'll take that off your hands. And the bike looks sweet too. :mrgreen:
Gonna hold onto that lightning dart tire... I've been waiting for the right build to use it along with that Gillette slick.

I have a frame like that, I've been holding on to for a flipped frame bike. I like how the curves come out.

You can be sure that I will be watching how you make everything work, especially the new BB.

Great looking so far!

the step thru disappears when flipped. Looks like it's gonna be a wildly cool build!!

I've made a little progress. I cleaned and rebuilt the hubs, and found a donor frame for the bottom bracket.
I'm not sure if I'm going to weld it on, or bolt it up. I'm also working on some bolt on rear dropouts to stretch
and lower the rear end. I'll be giving the frame an acid bath next week sometime. Happy Memorial weekend everyone!

I'm planning on welding my BB on.

viewtopic.php?f=67&t=57255

we will see how that goes. Hope you take some pictures along the way of the new BB and drop outs.

what are your plans for the seat mount?

Very cool :shock: Gives me hope for the girls frames I've got laying around.Thanks :!:

It's been a couple of busy weeks around here, but I'm starting to make some progress. The hubs have been rebuilt, and I shot the rims with clear coat. I had a chrome wallgoose frame laying around and cut out the crank hanger.
IMAG1755.jpg

Luckily, the seat tube fits over the monarch tube perfectly. :D
IMAG1756.jpg

I am going to attach it with some stainless self tapping screws and some type of bracket on the chainstays. I cut down the seat tube per rule #3.
IMAG1782.jpg

I think it worked out pretty good. Looks like two exhaust pipes, and I'm going to incorporate a headlight into the large front cutoff tube. It also gives me a place to mount a kickstand.

IMAG1768.jpg

IMAG1776.jpg

IMAG1777.jpg

IMAG1784.jpg

IMAG1783.jpg

Next, I need to figure out how I am going to mount the seat. I'm leaning towards the white seat with gold glitter. :D

IMAG1759.jpg

IMAG1736.jpg

IMAG1779.jpg

I'm also looking for some chrome forks... might need to go over to theflyingdingo's and raid his parts bins... 8)

That is looking sexy man!!!
Love the curves and the BB Exhausts

looking good! I like your idea about the headlight!

Back