Earthscraper

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Lowlife Lucas said:
So, I had a vision in my sleep last night. I didn't like how I felt the bike had too much back, so, I went a different way with it.

The more I look at this, the less I'm starting to like it. I'm still unsure about it. I'm thinking about putting the mountain bike back half back on it, leaving these bars and figuring out something different to do with my seat.

Re: Centrix Earthscraper

Lowlife Lucas said:
Those are some nice bikes! Do you have any other picture of the first one?

Pics are of the same bike just different stages of the build- just like you the design went through many phases before concluding on the final.....which is still to come. Last two are of the frame with paint stripped off.

Homebrew said:
Lowlife Lucas said:
Those are some nice bikes! Do you have any other picture of the first one?

Pics are of the same bike just different stages of the build- just like you the design went through many phases before concluding on the final.....which is still to come. Last two are of the frame with paint stripped off.
Ah, I see. Can't wait to see what you decide on!

So, I was thinking about how to do my seat post and I had The bike sitting like this and I thought it'd be a nice picture.
427771_580052162008208_971969240_n.jpg

400003_580394718640619_1773457165_n.jpg

So. I've decided to turn the spring upside down instead of doing it like this.
I'm doing this for one main reason. I'm running a 27" wheel up front and I don't want to lift the wheel very much, I want to keep the front low as possible. Oh, that custom seat post I talked about is under way :wink:

Here's the fork. Mine doesn't look as good as everybody else's, but it'll work. Just got to get a big bolt to finish it, I had to cut my other fork up and put my fork ends on this one because I messed up the white one.
543988_581245641888860_746195758_n.jpg

Here's a shot of it back on, and the handlebars I'm going to possibly use.
734822_581246371888787_765358971_n.jpg

Lowlife Lucas said:
This is looking great! Loving the look with those bars and the leaf spring fork! Be nice to ride with the rear suspension back in... :wink:

Luke.

Back