Earthscraper

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Centrix Earthscraper

LukeTheJoker said:
Cool bike! Glad you changed out the wheel, got a little worried when I saw the photos... :shock:
Any more plans for it, or are you calling this one done?

Luke.
Thanks! Yeah, I was feeling uneasy about that 27" wheel, so I decided it was best to go with the stock 26" wheel and a 2.150 tire. And, I put that 27" wheel on my clunker. As far as the building process goes, it's finished. When the weather here in Kentucky is better, I'll probably strip it, paint it and get new tires and call it finished 8)

It was a lovely day here in Kentucky, so I rode today ad took more pics.
555179_587826394564118_384806556_n.jpg

317988_587826801230744_1596246708_n.jpg

582254_587826891230735_747175250_n.jpg

554318_587827034564054_1881098502_n.jpg

543972_587828111230613_1638278457_n.jpg

It's slightly low
296873_587827274564030_1352253454_n.jpg

^^^ You obviously don't have the snake issues we have over here at the moment, I couldn't venture into an overgrown paddock like that this time of year without boots and overalls at least! :D

Luke.

LukeTheJoker said:
^^^ You obviously don't have the snake issues we have over here at the moment, I couldn't venture into an overgrown paddock like that this time of year without boots and overalls at least! :D

Luke.
Luckily, it's too cold for snakes at the moment. I was hesitant about putting that pic on here at first because I didn't care much for it at first, but I think it turned out pretty good :D

HOLY CRAP!!! :shock: That is just about the coolest bike I have ever seen! Good job dude! If I had the money, I would totally build this! Please don't paint it, it looks cool as a rat. Keep us updated on this PLEASE!!! Thanks for showing it to us, that is a work of ART right there! 8)

Hey Lucas

One of the things I have been wonderign about is doing exactly what you have done here, place that tire back further and giving the bike the longer look, but not like a lowrider bike, similar to what a motorcyle does. I think you nailed it. :D So how does it ride?

Rich

Redd said:
HOLY CRAP!!! :shock: That is just about the coolest bike I have ever seen! Good job dude! If I had the money, I would totally build this! Please don't paint it, it looks cool as a rat. Keep us updated on this PLEASE!!! Thanks for showing it to us, that is a work of ART right there! 8)
Thanks man! I'm not out any money on this bike, luckily I had all the parts laying around. I'm eventually get a couple new tires and possibly some new cruiser bars. I'm still iffy about paint, if I do paint it, it'll be a flat black or a flat blue if it gets paint.

RichL said:
Hey Lucas

One of the things I have been wondering about is doing exactly what you have done here, place that tire back further and giving the bike the longer look, but not like a low rider bike, similar to what a motorcycle does. I think you nailed it. :D So how does it ride?

Rich
It rides awesome. It's honestly the best riding bike I've ever built 8)

So I got a light like this one from my dad, but it's not in this good of shape. I still thing it's pretty cool, might use the orange side and make a headlight out of it :wink:
52_GuideD6-52B_GMTruck_TurnSigAssy.jpg

Also, I might put a piece of sheet metal on the bottom stays since I cut some of the bottom stay to clear the chain when I lowered it

Re: Centrix Earthscraper [Paint time!]

It's supposed to be 70 degrees at the homestead today, which is like a heat wave considering we had frozen everything last week lol. With that being said, it's time to paint this bad boy 8)
So, this is the color. Why high heat paint you ask? Well, I'm rebuilding an engine and I got it to paint a few parts and ended up ordering new parts that didn't need paint. I said to myself "why not shoot a bike in it?" and the only reason I'm doing it now is I'm slightly further along on my build off bike than I should be :lol:
486039_593225037357587_2004208366_n.jpg

(The plain is to paint it and have it back together in one dayHOPEFULLY)

Back