Electra Bikes Parts Clearance Sale

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
BillyZ said:
I'm jonsing for my 7 speed wheelset to come in.

I am not a big fan of the twist shifter, so after about 45 minutes of googling I found a site in the UK that carries the Nexus 7 ST-7S20 Rapid Fire shifter.

rf7_zpsee9c9c31.jpg

There is also a company called Jtek that makes a bar-end shifter.

I was trying to find a stick shift that would work.

NicksGarage said:
I was trying to find a stick shift that would work.

Most any 5 speed friction based shifter should work. Here is the one that I used for Flexy with my Nexus 7 hub. All I had to do was to remove the rear detent tab to allow more cable travel.

aIMG_8010.jpg

The blue surf front wheels are out of stock now.
I was about to pop for another batch, so I am somewhat realived that the temptation was removed.

BillyZ said:
I'm jonsing for my 7 speed wheelset to come in.

I am not a big fan of the twist shifter, so after about 45 minutes of googling I found a site in the UK that carries the Nexus 7 ST-7S20 Rapid Fire shifter.

rf7_zpsee9c9c31.jpg
customer review on Amazon about this shifter cautions that cable routing for this shifter requires a wide,straight run to the hub.Bigcam59 has a conversion of a twist shifter to a stick shifter,mounted on the frame,in the How To section.

fordmike65 said:
I usually have my packages mailed to my parent's house down the street from work cuz my Dad's retired & always home. I just got a text from my Pops: "Uh... UPS just dropped off 10 boxes. WHAT THE HECK DID YOU ORDER NOW?!?!"

Sounds like something my dad would say :grin:

Onewheelsqueel said:
Hey Kingfish, does the friction shifter go for 3spds as well? I've got a Schwinn neck mount would that work on a 3spd?

I believe that should work fine for Shimano 3 speed hubs.

Thank you guys for supporting Electra and helping us make some room in our new warehouse.

THE FREE SHIPPING ON ORDERS OVER $75 HAS BEEN EXTENDED THROUGH MONDAY!

PW

PeeWee,
Do you know if there are going to be anymore cruiser front wheels put on sale? If there where, I would get another batch of eight wheels.

Dang FordMike , I wish I had that much disposable income to afford that many boxes of stuff.
I am hard pressed to buy that many empty boxes. :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Looks like everybody is trying to go into competition with chimichanga.

There will be more wheels available in one way or another in the coming weeks, and months. Stay tuned.

It think I have everybody beat on the amount of stuff, I'll try to post a pic soon.

PW

PeeWee said:
There will be more wheels available in one way or another in the coming weeks, and months. Stay tuned.

It think I have everybody beat on the amount of stuff, I'll try to post a pic soon.

PW

I think I hear the UPS truck pulling up now...

My stuff had to go from Vista north to Vernon, south to Chula Vista and now back north to me in the middle.

The racks are shaped different to fit the different frames. The stays on the women's version goes down farther. They would probably not work on a vintage bike without some modification.

PW

PeeWee said:
The racks are shaped different to fit the different frames. The stays on the women's version goes down farther. They would probably not work on a vintage bike without some modification.

PW

Can you tell me what the respective seat tube lengths are, so I can see if that'll be comparible to my frame?
Thanks

I honestly won't have time til about the middle of next week, perhaps somebody else on the forum can get those for you sooner. It's not just the seatpost length that will determine it though, it is also the geometry of the frame.

PW

Back