Electra News!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was at a LBS yesterday and asked the girl at the counter if she had the new Electra catalog. She only had one, but she let me look at it. OH...MY...GOSH!!! They have stepped it up another level. They have new paint schemes (which I think they always excel at anyway), and they have some new bikes. I don't remember the name of the line, but they have a new line of tanked bikes. They have a "punk" bike, a pin-up girl bike, one other bike, and.......an Indian bike. Red with white tires! That's right Ratsters, white tires. Not only do they have them cruiser size, they also have them in the narrower Amsterdam size. Speaking of the Amsterdam, they have some amazing paint schemes for this years line. Also, they have new accessories for sale as well. They have the aformentioned tires, but they have some new seats with matching grips (I like the Punk best) new lights, and a couple of other things as well. I was trying really hard not to freak out about some of the new stuff, but for us Ratsters and kustomizers, they have some wikked awesome stuff coming out. When I can swipe a catalog, I'll do some scans and post some fotos.

jeff

SteveO,
All those are from last year. The girl at the LBS said they don't have many of the new catalogs out yet as it still so close to Interbike. Interbike is the show of all shows where every bike Co. puts out their newest and bestest. From my experience, Electra is pretty slow in updating their website vs. what they have in the catalog and in the showrooms. The Amsterdams in the new catalog vs. the Amsterdams on the website are head and shoulders different.

jeff

That's pretty interesting.

Their website just changed a couple of weeks ago....surprising that they didn't wait until they could introduce the new models.

Looking forward to seeing the new line up!

Just an interesting sidenote... In the parts and accessories section of the website, all of the 7 speed wheelsets that had nexus hubs are now SRAM 7 speed hubs. Looks like they changed hub vendors for the new line.

I just found a website with pictures of the new models from a bike show.

http://www.spokes.nl/index.php?p=1-2-74 scroll to the bottom

The last picture of the white tired Amsterdam is pretty spiffy. Someone should confisgate the photographers fisheye lens.

I need me some of those white tires.

thanks for the foto's Dennis...yeah, that fisheye lens blows. It makes it hard to see the sweetness of what they did.

I like the front fender on the Basman. Looks retro and cool.

I want one of those ELECTRA"rock-a-billy" bikes sooooo bad. Anyone know how much they cost, about?

i bet $500 (the site usta have the MSRP on it, didnt it ? ), the 20" kids "rockabilly" ive seen at BIG SHARK BICYCLES in st louis for $300, I had been itchin for a townie (or a deluxe :roll: ) for a while, but this dang stingray bug bit me for i had a chance.

I really like the new Ghostrider bicycle they make. Makes me drool at the mouth. I just picked up this decal set last week and have plans to use it on my build off bike.

s002.jpg

Lightfoot said:
I just found a website with pictures of the new models from a bike show.

http://www.spokes.nl/index.php?p=1-2-74 scroll to the bottom

The last picture of the white tired Amsterdam is pretty spiffy. Someone should confisgate the photographers fisheye lens.

I need me some of those white tires.
Electra's aren't really my favorites, some of those are neat, but the kona cruiser is great and the project 346 bikes just blows it all away.

I just got my own new Electra catalog. The bikes are not on the website. Man these balloon series rides are sweet! The Amsterdam with 700 by 40 c white tires, honey colored Brooks saddle, called the Sport 9 Special is awesome. The Balloon 8 has discs front/rear. Very board tracker looking. Very pricey too. I'm thinking of an Electra as a daily ride. We shall see. The Balloon series have Schwalbe Fat Frank brick tread tires.

ACD said:
I just got my own new Electra catalog. The bikes are not on the website. Man these balloon series rides are sweet! The Amsterdam with 700 by 40 c white tires, honey colored Brooks saddle, called the Sport 9 Special is awesome. The Balloon 8 has discs front/rear. Very board tracker looking. Very pricey too. I'm thinking of an Electra as a daily ride. We shall see. The Balloon series have Schwalbe Fat Frank brick tread tires.

can you scan or take pictures of the pages??? Im dying to see! please :)

Here is the Amsterdam Ballon 8. Taking pictures of a catalog is tough!! I'm on dial up or I would have done more but all the balloon series are similar. The second pic is the all satin black Townie 21 I am considering as my daily ride. Other suggestions for a comfortable "distance" cruiser in the $400-$500 range?

IMG_0019.jpg

IMG_0024.jpg

Latest posts

Back