FACEBOOK WOW - 137K!!!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: FACEBOOK WOW

One thing I don't like about facebook is the new timeline. For example on the RRB page people can only see pictures that you as the owner post. What other people post goes to the side and pictures can only be seen if you hit the see all button. That's why I never updated to the new timeline.

Okay...we started off yesterday with 4020 "Likes" and today we're up to 4092.

So far the FB ad has used up $5.69 of the $60 and it has netted 21 likes.

FACEBOOK WOW

Both actually.

If I come up with a cool shirt design or decal I can offer them up to both audiences.

There are probably a good chunk of folks who liked the FB page, but are not members here. The good thing about FB is that most people check their FB pages daily so RRB can end up being a part of that without them ever coming here.

CRASH said:
So all this generates income for you? I really have no idea how that works, but if it works by me reporting the Bike of the Day, then I'm doing my part. :mrgreen:

I receive a little money from the Ebay ads that are on the site here. When you run an online community it's all about generating traffic.

The more folks that click on my Ebay ads and make purchases, the better the payout is for the site.

Your previous post were usually shared once or twice, now they are being shared 15+. It is going to be like an avalanche.

FACEBOOK WOW

It's funny, the student ministry at the church I work at sent an email out to the students last year asking them to respond to a question they had.

They got zero responses.

They then sent a message out to them through FB and they got tons of responses.

Eventually social media tools will make email irrelevant.

Dunno if this is true but worth a shot.

Due to Facebook's new policies, only about 10% of people that 'like' a fan page will see the status updates. This is to force small businesses to spend money to "promote" their posts on this site/network. In order to see all posts and notifications just click/hover over the 'Liked' button (beneath the cover photo) & activate the 'show in news feed' option. This will allow you to see all of our posts Please share this with all of your friends and our valued members!

Okay...so far I've spent $8.29 of the $60 budget on the ad and it has resulted in 34 likes.

The ad has been seen by 13,332 people at this point.

Total likes on the page are now up to 4148.

Okay CRASH...gonna send you a free RRB headbadge for the bike of the day suggestion....PM me your mailing info. :wink:

Today's update on the FB ad...

- $12.53 of the $60 spent so far.

- 57 "Likes" as a result of the ad.

- 21,893 people have seen the ad so far.

- 4,241 page "Likes" total.

Rat Rod said:
Okay CRASH...gonna send you a free RRB headbadge for the bike of the day suggestion....

Now how about "Tip(how-to) of the Day"? :mrgreen:

I could probably figure out a few. That How To Manual will work for a while,but may turn it into Tip of the Week.

Going to go to Facebook and like it now! Didn't know you had a Facebook page.

Rat Rod said:
Just crossed the 5000 "Like" mark. :mrgreen:
now at 5443.....added 1443 in about a month. :shock: :shock: Get ready for exponential growth.
Bike of the day or Advertising?

Looks like about 513 likes came from the ad.

That comes out to about twelve cents per like.

Back