Felt Bicycle Pics

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Some pics of my El Guapo...

6dc052f6.jpg

2a305359.jpg

Sweet looking El Guapo, Ed. Are you running 3" wide rims on that?

Here are a few pics of my Felt Hot wheels 68. No major changes from a stock unit.(#079)
IMG_0620.jpg

IMG_0622.jpg

IMG_0627.jpg

IMG_0628.jpg

THANKS! Your 68 is a beaut! I am actually running a 2" rim on the back and a 1.75" rim on the front. They are the stock rims off of an Electra Straight Eight...just took the white checkerboard stickers off the rears. I liked the red spokes :)

I am planning on getting a 68, but what I want to do is lace a Nexus Alfine 8 speed I have onto the rear and somehow put a shifter in place of the current one...still trying to figure it all out in my head :)

ED-PV, You may have a spacing problem changing out hubs on the 68,not sure though.

Rydr1, Do you ride your 68 with the seat slamed like that? I'm only 5'8 and I can't ride mine down like that. I noticed you turned the bars forward and know the bike has a compac cocpit. Thats why I needed to use a layback seat post.

Ed, I always thought the wheels on the straight 8 were actually painted like that, never thought they were decals. I think the red spokes look good on that thing.

big AL, my wife rode the bike to that spot with the seat like that, I just jogged alongside her. I actually have to raise it about 5 inches to ride it. It would be too cramped to ride with the seat down and the handlebars in the back direction.
I was also wondering how many teeth your chainring is? I am planning on installing a 44T front sprocket and I have to figure out how many chain links I need to add.

Big Al...I will let you know when I get it all mocked up...just like the internally geared hubs :)

rydr1...I always thought they were painted on also until I looked more closely...some guys like the checkerboard, I think it is a bit busy.

I also like the look of these style bikes with the seat as low as comfortably possible...that's why I think all my bikes have bent seat posts!

rydr1 said:
Ed, I always thought the wheels on the straight 8 were actually painted like that, never thought they were decals. I think the red spokes look good on that thing.

big AL, my wife rode the bike to that spot with the seat like that, I just jogged alongside her. I actually have to raise it about 5 inches to ride it. It would be too cramped to ride with the seat down and the handlebars in the back direction.
I was also wondering how many teeth your chainring is? I am planning on installing a 44T front sprocket and I have to figure out how many chain links I need to add.

I have a 38 up front and I have played with a 42 and you will have no low gear with that. We have hills here in Albuquerque and unless you like climbing out of thr saddle I don't think you will like it. Played with a 36 but still a little under geared. I'm real happy with the 38t. I had those really nice cranks from Electra I bought and using the 42t on them when I climbed the first steep hill the gearing was so high I bent both crank arms what a shame. Went to a FSA mtn crank running the 38t and very happy.

ED-PV said:
Big Al...I will let you know when I get it all mocked up...just like the internally geared hubs :)

rydr1...I always thought they were painted on also until I looked more closely...some guys like the checkerboard, I think it is a bit busy.

I also like the look of these style bikes with the seat as low as comfortably possible...that's why I think all my bikes have bent seat posts!

I hope you have luck finding a 68 if you don't have one.

big AL said:
ED-PV said:

I hope you have luck finding a 68 if you don't have one.

got a line on one...we'll see if it pans out!

ED-PV said:
Had to get a shot of both of them together :)
You have two, lucky you!!
Maybe you can answer this question; i know a bikes weight often depends on its parts, but can you tell if the iron frame is much heavier than the aluminium one? thanks

gcrank1 said:
I had our LBS weigh the Army bike (steel) and the older Vintage Iron Bolt (alum) and surprisingly they were within about 4# of each other!

From the times I have taken apart the felt bikes, I feel a huge difference in the aluminum and steel frames. I have a steel one taken apart right now and I also will be taking apart my custom aluminum bike; i can weight things in then and report back.

I can say this for sure, my 2010 new belgium(steel) weights roughly 50lbs and my Hot wheels 68(aluminum) weights about 40lbs. The ZOOM triple tree forks are heavy on these bikes so anything with a triple tree will weight more.

Back