FinkBomb - muscle bike Electra Rat Fink 11-6 TRADE CONFIRMED

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kingfish254

BUILD COOL BIKES AND HAVE FUN!!
Pro Member
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
130   0   0
A few months ago, I picked up this First Gen Electra Rat Fink frame.
:arrow: viewtopic.php?f=16&t=62443

Within a few days of buying it, I sold some bike parts locally and the profit easily covered what I paid for the Fink.
So, if I use my Fred Sanford logic, I got this Rat Fink for FREE!!!

ratfink.jpg

I really haven't done anything but brainstorm about it so far. You can see some of that on my Fresh Find thread for it. I figured it was about time to move that stuff from Fresh Finds over to the Build section. I won't truly start building anything with this until after the New Years, but I can still dream until then.

ChipsMcCoy and I have been toying with the idea of an adult sized muscle bike build off challenge and that got me to thinking about trying that concept on a Rat Fink. Banana seat, big shifter, sissy bar, apes. Something of a Muscle Fink, or a Fink Ray. Who knows. I've some other ideas as well, but the muscle theme has the most traction right now.

Re: Fink Ray or Muscle Fink?? Electra Rat Fink

Last month I threw some creme Thick Bricks on it just to get a feel for the stance.

WP_000438.jpg

WP_000439.jpg

WP_000440.jpg

Even though I will probably throw a nanner seat on here, I had already purchased a RF seat and grips from MIGZ's RF part out way before I owned the Fink.

039dkc.jpg

I may paint these Billy Goat (ramshorn) bars and use them.

100_1012.jpg

I also have a Magic 8 Ball (4" diameter) that I hollowed out to use as a light, but I think it would make an insane Big Daddy Ed Roth scale 2 foot long shifter.

Photo-0008.jpg

My tall sissy bar (with back pad) came in today from naturephotoboy3. I just couldn't resist a little mock up because I have not been able to find a single photo of a banana seat on one of these Electra frames.

This really gives you a feel for how high the front of this frame goes. That's a 3 foot sissy bar.

WP_000629.jpg

Re: Fink Ray or Muscle Fink?? Electra Rat Fink - Nanner Mock Up

I like it already!!!! :mrgreen: maybe some 5 footer sissy bars huh??

oh god yeah !! :mrgreen:

I've got a simular shaped frame that I stuck my "close out" cream thick bricks on the other day and have been thinking about what kind of seat to use. Your nanner seat looks just right for the frame. I really like where your going with this one and can't wait to see how it evolves.

Oh yeah, it needs a super long shifter you need to reach above your head to grab the knob of.

I think the name of this is gonna be FinkBomb.

Re: FinkBomb the muscle bike Electra Rat Fink - Nanner Mock Up

The seat looks great, now if they only made a comfy nanner.

cman said:
The seat looks great, now if they only made a comfy nanner.
The Manta Ray seat has a better seat area but they are out of sight price wise.
Looks like somebody would make a cheaper knock off that would work for these non Manta Ray application.

I have been riding around on Flexy with nothing but a metal pan on springs and it hasn't been a problem. My butt can live with form over function.

aIMG_8033.jpg

And don't forget that my seat on RRBBO6's BEER RUN entry was a couple of skateboards.
My butt can handle a nanner seat.

20110730Photo_FFFAF950-901B-B514-DE29-5560A75A1A27.jpg

Re: ★ FinkBomb ★ muscle bike Electra Rat Fink Nanner Mock Up

You have to use the 8 ball as a shifter at least 2 feet higher than the handle bars.lol that would be awesome.

You had me at 8ball shifter. Lovin' the whole adult size muslebike idea. Seems like the "adult" size of the RF frame kinda dwarfs the nanner seat. Have you thought about a "King & Queen" style motorcycle seat? Can't wait to see more.

danthrift71 said:
You had me at 8ball shifter. Lovin' the whole adult size muslebike idea. Seems like the "adult" size of the RF frame kinda dwarfs the nanner seat. Have you thought about a "King & Queen" style motorcycle seat? Can't wait to see more.

That would be pretty cool looking, I even passed on one of those at a yard sale a few months back. I don't think one of those would be the right scale for a bike though. If I did a Fink Trike, maybe.

Smoopy had a cool one that he was going to use on Fly By Night in RRBBO7.
:arrow: viewtopic.php?f=67&t=56785&st=0&sk=t&sd=a&hilit=smoopy&start=30

Back