Firefly - from the dragon's lair

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Count me in - first buildoff, first full blown build in 20 years - aughta be fun :D

Not sure what yet - depends how much I can bend the rules .. lol..... ( re: frame mods - is a sex-change allowed ? )

if so, then my rollfast ladies beater ( first bike I bought after getting the bug again )....

rollfastlocal3.jpg

not sure I can make it dragon themed, but should be neat regardless.

if not, will save for the next buildoff and pick another ( so many thoughts, so lil time, lol )

~ AL

Re: from the dragon's lair

'sex-change' as in 'cut'n'weld'? I'm afraid the rules say 'no'...

Maybe you can be more creative with a bolt-on tube or something. But why would you? I think the shape of the curvy girls frame could suit your dragon theme just fine... Go and surprise fellow builders by competing with a girlsframe!

Anyway,
Good luck and have fun!

herr_rudolf said:
'sex-change' as in 'cut'n'weld'? I'm afraid the rules say 'no'...

Maybe you can be more creative with a bolt-on tube or something. But why would you? I think the shape of the curvy girls frame could suit your dragon theme just fine... Go and surprise fellow builders by competing with a girlsframe!

Anyway,
Good luck and have fun!

Actually, the rulles say you can attatch things by welding, but NO cutting - meaning atop bar could be added, but no cutting the current top one ? ( sounds it to me anyways ).
Interesting on the dragon - curvy theme... will be rolling ideas around as I htink it out - if I were to build a 'Green Dragon' bike, might be full custom, so who knows.... ( been using the green dragon nic on many forums for years, so maybe time to live up to it again :) )
This might get interesting, lol..

Green Dragon said:

Please tell me this picture isn't current. If so you need to come live in Georgia where there hasn't been snow in the ground in three months!

final answer, lock in the build - FIREFLY

OK, nixed the girls frame for now ( dead but not buried ) , and am now officially in ( since I can;t change frames twice :| ) .

using this ex-tall-bike, dump found Huffy .

not letting all the cats out of the bag yet. but will make the build name tie in as it comes about .

looking forward to the build and in following others, I'm already like ' wow' to everyones builds .... :shock:

IMG_0339.jpg

Back